What is is Wednesday No. 88. We have a winner (who is not much closer than any one else!)

Susan Sande

Veteran
Oops! Me too. Maybe we need to rename this "What happened to Wednesday?" Sorry about the "bigness" of the image. Not that it helps!!!

Each member gets one guess. The answer will be revealed on the following Tuesday. The first correct guess has the honour of submitting the image for the next challenge. Sometimes there will be more than one thing in the photo or more than one way to accurately describe what the photo represents. The original poster will be the final judge of who is "most correct".
upload_2017-4-17_8-35-26.png

Does anybody else see a smiley - i cant decide whether i find it cheerful or creepy - towards the top of the middle.... thing?

I'm gonna go for strands of wire, possibly metal.

I am giving this one to Luke! He was the only person to guess something that was hard rather than soft. Plus an extra point for knowing WAG. And sorry Richard, the object is not bigger on the inside. It's one of the two new porcelain pendant lamps in my newly remodeled kitchen. So have fun with WIIW #89!
upload_2017-4-19_16-17-25.png

Geez, Susan... never having seen that lamp shade, or even one like it, theres no possible way...

Please guys, lets make things at least partially guessable by a majority of people? You know... an item that *everyone* might have seen at some time?

I say this all with a smile then. Ok then no photos of objects (or brand of object) or buildings that are only available in your locale!!! Sure if I've traveled to "outer middle sized town" maybe I'd know what it is. Is this object more obscure than sea sponges (I don't live near the ocean), Burmese noodles (I don't live near Burma), hockey skate blades (I don't skate), close ups of part of a coffee maker carafe (I don't own that brand). The fun for me in WIIW is to see how close I can get to guessing the actual object whether I am right, wrong or not even close. So even though Luke did not guess the actual object he did identify the object as something hard/rigid/solid and won on that.

For me it's trying to strike a balance. I feel like I've failed when someone gets it on the first guess.

Maybe it would help if people thought of it more as an exercise for the brain than a competition.

But coming up with an image that is difficult, but not impossible is harder than you think....there's a lot of bright people here.

Back