What is it Wednesday #71

theoldsmithy

Hall of Famer
Name
Martin Connolly
Good morning seriously compact people!
Here is this week's challenge. The rules are as usual:

Each member gets one guess (unless no one is even close towards the end). The answer will be revealed on the following Tuesday. The first correct guess has the honour of submitting the image for the next challenge. Sometimes there will be more than one thing in the photo or more than one way to accurately describe what the photo represents. Specificity counts! The original poster (ME!) will be the final judge of who is "most correct".

And here is the photo. Good luck everyone!

P1020616.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I was going to say that the left one looks like a hip implant ball joint with screws but the screws are a little short so maybe it was one taken out. The right one looks automotive but may just be the bottom view of the other one. Or I am 180° off base!!

Well folks, I have to draw a close to the proceedings.
This was the original:
27091288485_3ebb63c12a_k.jpg

P1020616-2.jpg
by Martin Connolly, on Flickr

The objects were hand grenades from the 19th century. This photo was taken at Osborne House, Queen Victoria's home on the Isle of Wight.
The guesses at sea mines were nearest as they are at least explosive...but Richard wins since he at least got the right size with the tumble drier balls. Please don't put anything like these in your tumble drier at home :)

Well done Richard, over to you!

Back