1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

what it do, fellas? from Manila/California

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by adubo, Sep 11, 2013.

1. adubo

adubo New to SC

Sep 11, 2013
    Manila, Filipinas / San Jose, Ca
    Andrew
    how's it going everybody? i'm Andrew and I've been a member of the sister forum (mu-43) since nov2010. I've been using "serious compacts" now since 2009 starting with the powershot g7 and g10 as my grab and go cameras when I used to shoot with a 5d classic. eventually evolved into Leica m8 with a 35/1.4 but that didn't last long.

got my first micro fourhtirds early 2010 by the form of e-p1 (that I still use) and bought a few more along the way and i'm happily married with the system and looking to get the GH3 before the year ends and a 35-100 to complete my system.

i'm a little bit familiar with a few people here so hopefully i'll feel right at home.

why member here, you might ask, well, the street thread here interests me a lot and most of the great influences (bbw ray sachs and petach) are here so I can follow their stuff more often. ;)

i'm a documentary photographer by heart, and a BSN RN by profession. glad to be aboard!

oh, and BTW, I live in Manila, Philippines but i'm currently in a year long adventure so i'll be jumping all over the U.S but will be a bay area guy for the most part.

:biggrin:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Welcome Abudo. Glad you finally made it in. It's pretty quiet over here compared to that madhouse Mu-43.com, but that's because we are all quietly contemplating that next great photo instead of obsessing over gear :eek:

Enjoy your visit......and share some photos when you have time.

3. adubo

adubo New to SC

Sep 11, 2013
    Manila, Filipinas / San Jose, Ca
    Andrew
    people are more civilized in here as far as I've seen. and the street thread is hustling with great shots! time to come up with some gold and stop obsessing about what lens/camera to use. :smile:

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome Andrew.

5. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Welcome aboard, Andrew!

6. adubo

adubo New to SC