Micro 4/3 What next

Alf

Top Veteran
Dear All,
It's been a while, and it's going to be a while more; it happens.
And when I don't shoot, I read but not write. But I'm going to shoot quite a lot in a few weeks, when I'm expected to get down from the plane with my dearest in Bangkok and head overland to Angkor a someplace more, via train.

This means I have a question for you all old hands:
Given that the epl3, the 20mm Linux, the 45mm Olympus are already in the bag, what should I buy?

• vf-3 EVF. For the sunny moments and for manual focusing with the Konica 50/1,4
• the Samyanf 7,5 I am lusting after since I saw it

• a little LED light to do fill-in
• nothing

Thank you all
Sent from my LG-E900 using Board Express

First, I can't wait to see your photos of such an exotic place I fear I'll never see with my own eyes.

Secondly, I owned the Samyang and never learned to master such a wide angle. It's a totally different way of seeing. If you do decide to go ultra-wide I would suggest to buy it soon to try to learn to use it properly.

I feel like the EVF is a GREAT addition to the PEN cameras. The VF-2 I had was a joy to use and it really helps out when shooting in sunny situations. If you decide to buy the viewfinder, I would suggest the inexpensive optional deeper eye cup. It really helps to completely surround the eye and more fully block out the light and immerse in the scene.

And I never compared the VF-2 and VF-3, but from everything I've read, the VF-2 has much better resolution. It doesn't lock into place, but the one I had never fell off,.......even taking it out of a bag. Just something to consider.

I have no experience with LEDs, and the last option of nothing would be fine, too. Your shots are always great, so I don't think you NEED anything.

Enjoy your trip!

Back