WhatisitWednesday 65

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
Welcome to this week's competition. A reminder of the rules:

Each member gets one guess (unless no one is even close towards the end). The answer will be revealed on the following Tuesday. The first correct guess has the honour of submitting the image for the next challenge. Sometimes there will be more than one thing in the photo or more than one way to accurately describe what the photo represents. The original poster will be the final judge of who is "most correct".

Here you go...
WIIW65.jpg

Ok, I am calling this one. It is actually the Mary Rose museum in Portsmouth, which houses Henry VIII's flagship. I turned it on it's side to make it a bit harder. I was hoping someone might identify the exact building but perhaps it isn't as widely recognisable as I thought!

Under the circumstances, the first to correctly identify this as a building is Jose (jssaraiva) so congratulations! It's your go next.

Here's a wider shot that shows the building more clearly. As an aside I met the American Team Oracle contesting the Admirals' Cup on that very balcony last Summer.

34474875.8e8f0161.1600.jpg

Mary Rose August 2014 GR 1
par Lightmancer, on ipernity

I've travelled to Portsmouth countless times for work in the last 30+ years (a large US computer corporation just off the M27 for those who know the area) but I have never really ventured down to the historic bit. The occasional curry and pint(s) in Southsea is about it. I really should have a look one day before they finally make me redundant.

Back