Ricoh Where have all the grds gone?

Briar

Hall of Famer
I was looking for a ricoh grd iv for my brother and noted that its been discontinued at a lot of the online retailers or, if they do have it, it's only in white. I somehow can't picture him with a white one. Is there a new grd expected soon? I didn't think it was that long ago that the grd iv was released. It has been a quick year mind you.

I'm currently on a bus whizzing down princes street in Edinburgh, Scotland. No shops local sell ricoh, so I was looking online. I got my grd3 from clifton but they only have the grd4 in white. Digitalrev show them as discontinued. Parks has them listed but 4-5 days waiting time I think.

I'm currently on a bus whizzing down princes street in Edinburgh, Scotland. No shops local sell ricoh, so I was looking online. I got my grd3 from clifton but they only have the grd4 in white. Digitalrev show them as discontinued. Parks has them listed but 4-5 days waiting time I think.

HRMMM. T-Dimension does NOT have them, sorry :(

Digital Camera Warehouse has them at $779AUD but I'm not sure if they ship overseas.

I had a really tough time getting hold of a GRD iv on a recent visit to London. In fact I ended up getting a RX100 instead. Almost bought a used GRDiii from the shop opposite the British museum, but there is no VAT refund on second hand goods. Coupled with the fact that UK camera prices are just silly, it made no sense to pick one up. The reason I got from the shops about the lack of availability for the GRD iv, was that since the Pentax Ricoh switch-over, even the in-store stocks were taken back to the warehouse. No I idea why. I ended up visiting 4 stores, calling 3-4 more and then just gave up.

I was looking for a ricoh grd iv for my brother and noted that its been discontinued at a lot of the online retailers or, if they do have it, it's only in white. I somehow can't picture him with a white one. Is there a new grd expected soon? I didn't think it was that long ago that the grd iv was released. It has been a quick year mind you.

Got the white one and got it for £50 pound less as they gave me it for the price I was going to get the black one for. Was out with it yesterday playing with the camera to see what it was like and must say I like it. Ohh yes just to mention I am the brother :)

Welcome to the forum, brother Kevin. If your photos are even half as good as your sister's, I'll love 'em!

My sis is trying to get me into street photography which a new one to me. I have posted some of my pics from a concert I was covering. I was using an X100 and a Nikon DSLR. The band news was the memory card in the Nikon failed so the only pics I got we're from the x100. It's proved it's worth and I am confident that the Ricoh will prove itself too.

Below is the link to the work I did for the festival

Harvest Festival - a set on Flickr

Back