Which Camera?

Having sold almost everything and finding myself with two apparently unwanted items, the Fuji 60mm macro and Fuji 18mm lenses, I decided to try the Fuji XE1. I just couldn't give up the Fuji colours :) It arrived this morning just as I was packing up my EM5 and the PL25mm lens. I already had a spare battery and was able to get cracking! It's been like night and day when compared with my Fuji X Pro 1. The AF is just so much more snappy. The camera fits well in my hand and it's been a real revelation. What I don't understand is this, I updated my X Pro 1 and lenses with every available update and still it didn't perform anything like this new XE1. I'm really glad I gave this a go as so far, I'm very pleased :)

Having sold almost everything and finding myself with two apparently unwanted items, the Fuji 60mm macro and Fuji 18mm lenses, I decided to try the Fuji XE1. I just couldn't give up the Fuji colours :) It arrived this morning just as I was packing up my EM5 and the PL25mm lens. I already had a spare battery and was able to get cracking! It's been like night and day when compared with my Fuji X Pro 1. The AF is just so much more snappy. The camera fits well in my hand and it's been a real revelation. What I don't understand is this, I updated my X Pro 1 and lenses with every available update and still it didn't perform anything like this new XE1. I'm really glad I gave this a go as so far, I'm very pleased :)

That's great, I hope you like the X-E1 lots and it works well for you!

I've been toying with the idea of an X-E1 ... you my have just pushed me over the edge. I hope the X-E1 turns out the be The Camera, at least for the time being.

Gary

Ironically, when I got the XE1, I found it to be more or less the same as the XPro1. But unfortunately, I didn't have both cameras at the same time to compare. And then using XE1 hand in hand with the OMD, I got frustrated with the XE1.

I'm 99% sure that they are identical in AF performance. Perhaps it's the excitement of a new camera. If you're using the zoom, however, that IS the fastest focusing lens in the whole line-up. Whatever the case is, I'm glad you're enjoying your new rig.

Ironically, when I got the XE1, I found it to be more or less the same as the XPro1. But unfortunately, I didn't have both cameras at the same time to compare. And then using XE1 hand in hand with the OMD, I got frustrated with the XE1.

OOhhhh, you don't want to do that ...

I did that once, first time using the XP1, I shot the Year of the Snake parade with an OM-D and the XP1. The cameras are much too different for me to use concurrently and find them complimentary. I'll never do that again, at least not for a while until I get more comfortable using the XP1.

Gary

I haven't used the zoom for more than five minutes, not a big fan of them and felt all at sea :eek: However, the focus with the 60mm is definitely heaps better! Much less to-ing and fro-ing and seems to lock on much better. I've been using it almost exclusively this afternoon where normally it stays on for half an hour and then I give up in frustration. Using the 35mm 1.4 and also still have an 18 that I use much less.

I haven't used the zoom for more than five minutes, not a big fan of them and felt all at sea :eek: However, the focus with the 60mm is definitely heaps better! Much less to-ing and fro-ing and seems to lock on much better. I've been using it almost exclusively this afternoon where normally it stays on for half an hour and then I give up in frustration. Using the 35mm 1.4 and also still have an 18 that I use much less.

I'll be looking forward to seeing the results from this new camera :) I'm sure they will be as stunning as all your others!

Back