1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Which forums are you subscribed too?

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Herman, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    I'm subscribed to:
    dpreview
    mu-43
    seriouscompacts
    I started posting in dpreview, then I moved to mu-43 and seriouscompacts.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Regularly - mu-43.com and seriouscompacts.com...but recently due to purchasing my Leica X1 I also read and post a bit on L.Camera Forum. That's it for regular forums. If I'm researching something I go to many sources. GetDPI seems like a very helpful place....but I've never registered. I'm afraid if I did, I'd never be offline.:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  3. pictor

pictor SC All-Pro

Jul 14, 2010
    I am still subscribed to several forums but I am only in very few active. Until recently I were active in a Nikon forum, but since I don't own any Nikon anymore, I quit participating there (although it is a great forum). At the moment I am only active in Mu-43.com and SeriousCompacts.com.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JanCdeRidder

JanCdeRidder SC Rookie

Aug 3, 2010
    GetDpi is a too much "Fun" place for me .... they seem to have "Fun" with everything .... (browse their posts to see what I'm talking about) Also when a new camera comes out all the regulars buy all the appropriate adapters and lenses, "have fun" talking about them and subsequently dishing them for the latest greatest... and the whole thing starts again ..... maybe nice for technologists but not so much for folk interested in pure photography as in the final Image, I actually haven't seen an interesting photographic result yet on the appropriate forum on GetDpi. I like to read TOP, not so much a forum but a very interesting site for photography in general, in the meantime I'm out with my X1 to have some "FUN"

• Like Like x 2
  5. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    Dpreview, mu-43, and seriouscompacts. Have not posted at dpreview in a long time, as I have found many of the folks on the camera forums are very contentious. However, I was able to find great help for certain printing issues I had in the Printing and Mac fora.

Regards,

Antonio

• Like Like x 2
  6. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    For photography, mu-43, dpreview, dcresource(not much activity there) and this one.

• Like Like x 2
  7. kathyh

kathyh SC Top Veteran

Jul 13, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    Kathy
    I only post on this forum and blipfoto (which is not really a forum but more a combination PAD and blog). I check out DPreview,TOP, the Leica forum and Luminous Landscape reasonably regularly and post very occasionally on the Leica forum.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Brian

Brian SC Top Veteran

Jul 7, 2010
    I post on Amin's other forums, ziforums.com and mu-43.com.

A few posts on getdpi.com,

I am most active on rangefinderforum.com.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Boyzo

Boyzo SC Veteran

Jul 14, 2010
    I am the same Herman but I also joined GetDpi.com but don't really participate

• Like Like x 2
  10. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Rangefinderforum.com Portal - Rangefinderforum is always very interesting - I venture in and out - but could spend longer on that forum as there is so much (very good) info and some good people

MU-43 got me going with digital photo forums in February when I got started with a G1

dpreview can be too much and if you want to get bored try Nikonians forum/site

plus I have just registered on here

The internet is just an amazing source of information

• Like Like x 2
  11. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    My first forum was Digi-Darkroom and I still visit there daily. I was also active on Four Thirds Photo and Four Thirds User but no longer visit (since moving to micro 4/3). Posted on DPR for a while but like many moved on.

Now spend my days at mu-43 and here.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Penny

Penny SC Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Outside Liverpool Uk
    I recently joined this forum because I own a Olympus E-P1 have an Leica X1 on order so joined the Leica Users Forum to learn the the pros and cons first.
    I also have been a member of Flickr.co for some years.
    I think this is one of the best ways to learn about both the camera(s) I own and get general hints to hopefully improve my photography.

many thanks penny UK

• Like Like x 1
  13. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    I've never posted on any forums. I never ever been on the net.
    I heard about it but don't think it's real.
    In fact I think I'm a figment of an imagination but it ain't mine.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Don, I think I'm going to have to speak with your wife.:wink: