White GRD1V

Discussion in 'Ricoh Forum' started by Ripleysbaby, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    Just found Clifton Cameras selling off new special edition White GRD4's for £199.
    I've been keeping an eye on ebay for a 4 for a while. None around or I've missed them.
    New at £199 to good to miss (even in white)
    So i snapped one up. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Archiver

Archiver SC Top Veteran

Jul 11, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Congrats! I kind of regret not buying a white GRD IV when they were still around. Now my funds are being diverted elsewhere (Leica Q fund, lol).

3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    that is one that I always wanted to find on the cheap, but never did. I kinda have a thing for white cameras.

4. Ripleysbaby

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    I have to say I was a little worried about ordering the white GRD4. WHITE ! I've always had all black. (apart from Yashica Electro and Pentax MEF)
    But not worried now. Took delivery this afternoon, held my breath as I slipped it out of its wrapper !
    It's beautiful. I cant stop looking at it. :cloud-9-039:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ripleysbaby

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    Thought i'd update this thread just to say I still like the White finish. I'm also enjoying it more than the GR ! Nothing against the GR, but the 4 just seems a little better.
    FN pair setting and switching works well for me and it's a shame it wasn't carried over on the GR.
    Size difference between the two is next to nothing and Ricoh did a great job of squeezing an apsc sensor in. But perhaps it's the fact the GRD4 uses a CCD.
    I just like the look of the files more. even at the expense of detail and lowlight performance.
    I am glad I have both models though and there is more than enough room in my jacket pockets for both.
    20813566359_97cc8c0bc1_b. untitled-0010952 by sucofni, on Flickr

• Like Like x 6
  6. Ripleysbaby

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    • Like Like x 3
  7. MiguelATF

MiguelATF SC Top Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    I love both the images and the intense, contrasty colors here....makes me want to expand my own Ricoh stable and add a GRDIV to my GR.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I've wanted a 4 for ages, but there just arent any around in Oz. I have to make do with my 3. I could never justify the purchase when they were available, alas.

9. Tilman Paulin

Tilman Paulin SC Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    used GRD IV prices here in the US are even more expensive than the refurbished Nikon Coolpix A... Just goes to show how well the GRD IV kept it's value, and how crazy that Coolipix A price is... :)

10. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    it's the world conspiring against me. I tried the Coolpix. No lovematch. That GRD IV (especially in white)...... swoon.

If I get a buyer for my Pentax gear, I have my eye on a GR in green. :daz:

11. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    But you don't like small sensor cameras. I know I heard that rumor someplace. :biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Tilman Paulin

Nov 15, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    He might be talking about the green GR (with the APS-C sensor)??? :)
    I'm not very interested in colored cameras, but the green GRD or GR's... they're quite nice!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    And are the green -- like, biodegradable!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tilman Paulin

Nov 15, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    Probably not...
    But I'm into camera recycling... so if someone wants to dispose of one in a responsible way... :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I love the looks of the white one, but Larry's right. I'm not into small sensor cameras (as a general rule). And Tilman is right, the green one I covet is the APS-C GR. If my eBay auctions coming up in a couple weeks go well, there will be one in my future.