1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Who's shooting analog?

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Herman, May 6, 2012.

1. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Mm, are films still available? I shoot digital. Mm still have a few analog cameras. Oly FTL (reflex), Rollei 35LED (a beauty).

2. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    Herman,

Check out the Film Camera forum and the Fun with Film Cameras Thread. Quite a few of us are shooting analog, with more joining the ranks almost every day.

Cheers,

Antonio

• Like Like x 1
  3. Herman

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Thanks Antonio, I wasn't aware of a Film Camera forum at this site. Now I know I will check out. Thanks.

4. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    You're not serious are you...??:eek: I use film almost every day. I'm delighted to note that my 19 year old son and his girlfriend also embrace film because it's "different" and "slow". I note that I can buy 35mm and 120 rollfilm (both of which I use) in outlets such as "Urban Outfitters". Film's not dead, it's moved into a very healthy niche :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    I have just bought an Olympus Trip 35 mint, fully working with case for just a few pounds on the bay of e. We sell film at work so I'll get some tomorrow ready for my 2nd introduction into analog. (1st ime was way too long ago to remember!!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Herman

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    For how long film be be for sale? I think digital is much cheaper then analog. I must admit to prefer analog over to digital too!

7. Herman

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Hey Andy, how are you doing? Congrats on your Oly Trip 35 mint!

8. Brian

Brian SC Top Veteran

Jul 7, 2010
    Film will be available for a long time, longer than I will be around. I still see High School students and University students using film cameras. Even learning to develop the film themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Herman

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Seems that some of us are "going back in time". (maybe I might be one of them, but I don't think so)
    Analog = expensive, digital = cheap way of shooting. Right?

10. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I just picked up a couple film cameras to try out the experience. The more deliberate style of shooting I think I will enjoy. One of the things that has held me back is the extra costs associated with shooting "analog". It's not a giant hurdle, but if I do enjoy it, the costs will add up. I'm guessing it will be a part-time aspect of my photography. But only time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I'd do film again in a heartbeat if a) I had an appropriate space to set up as a darkroom or b) if i had easy access to someone else's darkroom. But my friends who used to do film have gone 100% digital and no longer have their setups. Getting it processed by any commercial outfit is no longer financially viable. In the meantime I have a Minolta SRT303b with a couple of good lenses which is doing SFA, as is my Pentax Espio 738 P&S. oh well.

12. elsie350

elsie350 SC Regular

Apr 7, 2012
    I'm currently seeing if my dad's yashica 35w and olympus trip still work, also just picked up a Canon eos 30 and lenses to try out. Ironic the kit I have now for bargain prices is cheap and way better than the stuff I could afford back in the day