Why the leica m is so unique

Discussion in 'Leica M Forum' started by Pelao, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    • Like Like x 2
  2. deirdre

deirdre SC Top Veteran

Sep 26, 2010
    OMG, it's Kai. He's so cute and has such a great accent. I could watch/listen to him all day. Please keep me away from any M9-P video he does, m'kay?

3. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    deirdre, it's about the camera, not the dude, now focus...

4. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Kai isa cutie, I agree about the accent.
    M9-P and Summilux...mmmmmmm

5. andrewh973

andrewh973 SC Regular

Mar 13, 2011
    NYC metro are
    Great posting. I like how Kai is able to hold the camera with both hands, while focusing/shooting, and keep his umbrella upright! Pretty nifty move...

6. jonoslack

jonoslack SC Veteran

May 6, 2011
    Thanks for the link - I really enjoyed that - the damage to my wallet was long ago!

7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    And here I thought it was by our Kal, i.e., akulya. I was all excited.:wink:

8. akulya

akulya SC Veteran

Mar 1, 2011
    Haha! Oh BB you make me laugh, Mistaken identitly I'm afraid - I might like M's, be about the same age as Kai, and also have an english accent, but I don't wear such amazing outfits. I do like his video's though. Lok is a great co-presenter too, chalk-and-cheese.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Kai's video reviews are great. I don't always agree with what he says, but he's very entertaining. Y'all should check out his original M9 review.

• Like Like x 1
  10. fxgeek

fxgeek New to SC

Jun 18, 2011
    Dublin
    Wow, that is a fantastic video.

It reminds me of something the BBC would produce. Dammit, now I want a Leica.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    I agree with all the positive sentiments, about Leica and the vid - I have an M8 and would like an M9

............... but

what is happening...............

where are all the usual "Leica knockers", (critics)

.............????????????

• Like Like x 1
  12. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    They are over at Steve Huff's site given that they seem to enjoy going to a predominantly Leica focused site and then complain about Leica. Although, I must confess that I like to give Leica from time to time as well. Not that they ever feel any grief about it! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  13. dixeyk

dixeyk Guest

I think folks get really invested in their products and like to think of them as the best. Something like Leica, BMW or any other premium brand will naturally get knocked by those that want it but can't afford it (and don't want to admit it). They make great stuff. I can't afford one and I can't foresee a day when I will be able to but is definitely great stuff. I will say this...I got to play with an M8 recently and while it as very cool I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. Probably had more to do with my expectations than anything else. Now, I can see my way to picking up a Summicron 50...some day

Love the video review.