Sony Will Sony give us the offspring of an RX100/RX10 coupling?

demiro

Serious Compacts For Life
I really like my RX100, and I am really tempted by the RX10. But what I've been waiting for is something right in the middle. I'd like the zoom range and the speed at the wide end of the RX100, combined with the max 2.8 of the RX100. So basically a 28-100mm F1.8-2.8 lens on whatever body that fits in to. Both cameras seem to indicate that the body does not have to be as large as previously believed to accommodate such specifications.

I'd like to think that the 100/10 love child would grow up to look something like the GX7 with 14/2.5 attached. Link to size comparison: Compact Camera Meter. Though I'm guessing it would be closer in size to the RX10.

Thoughts?

Do you think Sony is planning such a camera?

I don't know if it's somewhere in Sony pipeline, but I would surely be tempted :) Love my RX100, and RX10 seems great on every account except size. Or maybe Panasonic could give us a modernized (and downsized) version of their LC1 camera, that would be great also.

I'm bumping up my own much-ignored thread here, as I got to thinking about this same thing after the semi-announcement of the Canon G1X mk2 today. If Canon can deliver those specs with a slightly bloated m4/3s sensor what can Sony do with the one incher?

I'm tempted by the new Canon, actual performance TBD of course. But now I'm even more curious what Sony, or someone else, might roll out next.

Back