WINNER ANNOUNCED - The 18th Photographers' Lounge Salon Challenge: Adventure!

Discussion in 'Photo Challenges' started by bartjeej, Oct 3, 2015.

1. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    It's an honor and a challenge in itself to follow up on Milan / pictogramax' excellent Salon Challenge.

The theme of this one will be... Adventure. Interpret it however you like; literal, ironic, personal, through the eyes of somebody or something else, anything goes. Make it a combination of words and image, or let the image speak for itself. Surprise and / or delight me!

The Challenge will run until sunday October 18th 23:59 Central European Time, or as soon after that as i can find the time to end it.

I can't wait to see your entries!

Rules are simple................

1. Either take a picture that matches the nominated theme or select one from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the picture in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement picture that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hardtime about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!

4. The person who submitted the chosen picture will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Salon Challenge and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the PL Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that openingmessage must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator can't enter his or her own salon.

6. Please, don´t be shy...Participate and have fun!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Ooooo.....

3. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    FZ200 Oak and adventure 022-001 copy.

Cheers, Jock

• Like Like x 14
  4. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Just to note, I took this at Disneyworld at the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular with my old X10. No actual Nazis were harmed during this show.

boom-L.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    • Like Like x 11
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. MiguelATF

MiguelATF SC Top Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Not certain any of my photographs fit the more traditional definitions of adventure....but this challenge got me thinking...

When you are 87 years old, merely going down to the end of the block can be an adventure -

38424034.10b68df5.1024.
    Lucy waving
    by MiguelATF, on ipernity

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Lucille

Lucille SC Veteran

Aug 20, 2012
    Hepcat City
    • Like Like x 11
  7. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Great topic, Bart! My first instinct was to reach for one of my punchier travel shots, but then contemplated a little about a bit of a different approach. Still ended with a travel shot, though... :)

4064167681_61561f50d6_o. OVER THERE by Milan Jovanovic, on Flickr

• Like Like x 10
  8. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    most of my favorite adventures just involve walking in the woods with my wife and our dogs (clearly I'm not that adventurous)......

8691314922_cf256a6591_c. walking in the woods by Luke, on Flickr

• Like Like x 10
  9. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    My grandest adventures have come on the seat of a bicycle, but photographs never depict just how adventurous some of those trips have been. As an example, here's a shot (NOT my submission) of me from a tour I did in rainy, foggy, Wales in the summer of 2001 that probably comes as close as any, but is really just a photo of a guy and his bike...

NOT MY SUBMISSION:
    21379660953_6fa7c64116_z. Beano 30005 by Ray, on Flickr

So here's my submission, which is something I'd never do, but which depicts a sense of adventure to me...

20063062063_4853c60e59_b. Puget Sound-70-Edit by Ray, on Flickr

-Ray

• Like Like x 11
  10. muzee

muzee SC Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    Not the best photo (quick cameraphone group selfie), but adventure non-the-less:
    Sneaking a ride on a horse drawn cart on a busy rural 'highway':

21988267142_242b412786_k.

[​IMG]Adventure.

• Like Like x 12
  11. donlaw

donlaw SC All-Pro

Sep 14, 2012
    Texas
    Don
    Epic Adventure. Found this newspaper wrapped in plastic in my mother's attic. Not my submission.

IMG_0857.

• Like Like x 10
  12. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    • Like Like x 10
  13. donlaw

donlaw SC All-Pro

Sep 14, 2012
    Texas
    Don
    • Like Like x 9
  14. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Discovered this little project in a backstreet of Stalis, Crete while on holiday. A real adventure in construction.
    The guy’s ambition is for a small community theatre using materials on site & found in the locality – It follows the principles of Superadobe as promoted by CalEarth

http://calearth.org/building-designs/what-is-superadobe.html

I’ve read of this construction method in the past few years but this is the first real live example I’ve seen close up. – The construction of the freestanding walls was a lot more robust than I expected. Very solid & firm. Nice to look at and touch. Very natural. The guy reckons he has another two years ahead of him before its completed and he has to take time off to work in Europe to raise money to survive and fund the project. I admire the guy’s ambition and commitment.

• Like Like x 8
  15. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    • Like Like x 13
  16. demiro

demiro Serious Compacts For Life

Dec 15, 2011
    • Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
  18. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    I've deleted my prior - more traditional - entry to replace it by this one. It must quite an adventure to go in the water with mom the first time.

p1553240285-5.

the following is NOT my entry but was also adventurous. I am in the photo so it does not qualify. Obviously I am the one who shows typical male behavior (frankly, since I like diving and water, jumping in the water is always fun):

p1553255469-5.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. bartjeej

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Excellent and diverse stuff being posted, guys and gals! Keep it up!

20. bartjeej

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    A bit more than 36 hours remaining if you want to enter your photo in this Salon Challenge!