WINNER ANNOUNCED! The 20th Photographers' Lounge Salon Challenge: Social Media

Okay, here we go.

HONOURABLE MENTIONS DEPARTMENT:
BARTJEEJ - this reminded me of a past World Press Photo winner - really well executed.
SERHAN - an anachronism to savour.
DONLAW - a depressing sight all too often seen. Great timing on this one.

CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR:
PETACH for the "braying donkey" - great juxtaposition and an object lesson in getting close for dramatic effect.
ARBIB for the ladies on their "phone break" - isolation personified!

...AND THE WINNER IS:
BILLN for his superb subway shot. This works on many levels, as humour, as social commentary, as human interest. There is much to look at, and the eye travels around the image in a most enjoyable way. Bravo Bill (I knew you were just funnin' when you claimed not to understand the brief ;) ) Over to you!

must admit....took me a moment to see the guy with his head in the bags. Great street shot and a stabbing social commentary. Well done the winner.

It is a great photo indeed! Congratulations, BillN. It's unfortunate thought that you had to go way up north-west-south-east to find some social media. ;-)

BillP, thank you for organizing a wonderful challenge!

Thanks guys, really appreciated ....... not my usual subject as 90% of my shots are "Birds" and nature ..... I'm travelling at the movement but will be back later with a subject for the next Salon Challenge

Back