[WINNER ANNOUNCED] The 6th Serious Compacts Salon Challenge : Night time, is the right time !

Some nice shots here in the spirit of the theme.
Reminder....this salon challenge will close Sunday evening so lets see some more entries.

Thank you all for your participation and encouragement of the entries thus far.

I'm assuming sunday the 7th of october since the post was made after the (Australian) sunday evening of the 30th of september? And the SCSC usually lasts 2 weeks and is only 1 week old now.

which sunday? sunday 30th Sept or 7th October? and which time-zone ?

Yeah this coming Sunday the 7th.

To give everybody a fair chance of submitting I'll close the thread at 5pm Melbourne, Australia time on Monday the 8th over here....I imagine that'll give everybody at least a midnight close on the night of the 7th wherever they are.

6988625794_86d8aca6e7_c.jpg

X100

Hey gang, Ive had a chance to finally look through all the entries for this the 6th SC Salon Challenge once more and amongst some really varied and fine entries I have it narrowed down to just the 1 frame that captured my eye and imagination the most.

Barrie, take a bow mate.

1060618.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Barrie

Barrie, I like your "Wet Autumn Night" image so much, the scene you have presented here has so much in common with the nights I referred to in my original post. A lot of darkness and with it a sense of risk and even a little mystery....and somewhere a little ways off in the distance is a place of light and activity that draws and beckons with the promise of excitement. The outline of the mountains in the background give a sense of scale, the lit windows and chimney smoke add interesting elements that for me complete the story and illusion. Its an image that lends itself to storytelling, and that is its real strength. Well played Sir and thank you....and a big thank you again to all who participated and lent their support.

Peter....I laughed my guts out at the idea of a perfectly sane adult hooning around doing donuts with a camera attached to their car. Wonderfully ridiculous :)

Barrie, I look forward to seeing what you have in store for the rest of us mere mortals in the 7th SC Salon Challenge :)

Take care.
Joe.

Thank you Livnius, it was fun to participate. Congratulations to Barrie for winning against tough competition! Looking forward to the next challenge.

Wolfgang

Oh my goodness, beginners luck, I don't do night shots, but thanks to your challenge Joe I saw that scene when I went to close my bedroom curtains and thought it fitted with your description of the challenge you set us, so nothing ventured nothing gained. The garage was actually closed but someone had forgotten to turn the lights off :), so more luck on my side.

Once again thank you Joe for setting an excellent challenge, and thanks to everyone who entered and rose to the challenge, lots of excellent shots from more experienced night owls than me. Now to get my thinking cap on, give me a day or three guys, hopefully you'll be up for it running in parallel with the Octoberfest challenge as well.

Barrie

Back