[WINNER ANNOUNCED] The 7th Serious Compacts Salon Challenge : Lines

I haven't really decided whether i like this one or not, but it fits the theme.

7887799440_f8d977df51_z.jpg

This challenge is now closed to new entries. Can I say that I'm very pleased by both the number of entries and the very high standard that they have set, as well as the very wide interpretation of the set theme, so it's well done to everyone. Unfortunately there can only be one winner and I now have the challenge of finding that entry. I hope to get back soon having deliberated during what looks to be a rather wet morning.

Barrie

It's congratulations to Pim for this photograph of an industrial scene showing pipelines.

An older one from earlier this year: Industrial lines. E-PL3 with Oly 9-18

Lines1.jpg

This scene, from a normal standpoint, might have been regarded as offering little in the way of opportunity and indeed even been overlooked, however it has been well visualised utilising an unusual viewpoint, looking vertically up presumably from near the ground with intelligent use of a wide angle lens to produce a dramatic photograph from something very ordinary. It's also the type of subject that is well suited to the black and white treatment, and again that has been very well done, so I hope you feel this is a worthy winner in what has been a well supported challenge with excellent entries and a wide ranging interpretation of the theme. My challenge has come at the very end and you all certainly made it difficult for me, it has been a very close run challenge, so it's also congratulations to everyone who took the time and trouble to enter.

So over to you Pim to see just what you can challenge us with, perhaps some of us will be looking for something else following the completion of the October Photofest.

Barrie

Thanks Barrie! I am honored that you choose my picture as the winner in this competition, there were many great submissions, to be chosen as the winner is a definite ego boost..:). I will think of a nice and interesting theme for the next challenge and post it as soon as possible.

Oh yeah and thanks to all of you for the nice comments on my picture, much appreciated!

Back