WINNER: What Is It Wednesday #69

Matero

Hall of Famer
Hi folks, it's time for new mystery. This time I fear that it is too easy, but can't help, just a quick pick from the top of a stack.

Each member gets one guess (unless no one is even close towards the end). The answer will be revealed on the following Tuesday. The first correct guess has the honour of submitting the image for the next challenge. Sometimes there will be more than one thing in the photo or more than one way to accurately describe what the photo represents. Specificity counts! The original poster (ME!) will be the final judge of who is "most correct".

turku aurajoki 2016-10-21 10.07.11 FUJIFILM X100S ¹⁄₄₈₀ sec at ƒ - 5,6 ISO 400.jpg

Hi, only two wild guesses, and excellent ones. Sorry to say that heavy cropping has led you a little bit sidetrack.

I'm releasing a new, little bit less cropped version tomorrow, on Monday. But still you can win with the original :2thumbs:

Time to wrap this up. I had unfortunately limited time to prepare this riddle, so it ended up confusing and difficult at first. And then dead easy.

But, we have a winner, 100% right. jssaraiva knew exactly the right answer. It certainly is an old mobile crane from Turku harbour, my old hometown, where I was born. This crane is standing by the river Aura, left after when shipyard moved away from the river. Old shipyard got too tight for large ships those guys are still building nearby closer to open sea, e.g. Liberty of Seas, Independence of the Seas, Allure of the Seas... I could continue forever. The old shipyard is transformed to lofts and other residential areas.
[pictures of the ships from https://worldmaritimenews.com/archives/133368/top-10-most-expensive-cruise-ships-ever-built/]

10.-MS-Liberty-of-the-Seas.jpg

8.-Independence-of-the-seas.jpg

1.-Allure-of-the-Seas.jpg

Oh, and my picture then:

turku aurajoki 2016-10-21 10.07.11 FUJIFILM X100S ¹⁄₄₈₀ sec at ƒ - 5,6 ISO 400-3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And a couple of other from same spot:

turku aurajoki 2016-10-21 10.07.27 FUJIFILM X100S ¹⁄₆₄₀ sec at ƒ - 5,6 ISO 400-2.jpg

turku aurajoki 2016-10-21 10.01.09 FUJIFILM X100S ¹⁄₆₄₀ sec at ƒ - 5,6 ISO 400-2.jpg

How I miss my hometown...

But jssaraiva, it's your turn now, again :bravo-009:

Nice! theoldsmithy's guess probably helped ;) Lived most of my life very close to an harbour, that also helped!

Off to search something to post tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back