1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Serious Compacts and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.seriouscompacts.com/help/terms

(Withdrawn) Jupiter 8 50mm F2 in Leica Thread Mount, Shimmed for Leica

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by Brian, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian SC Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jul 7, 2010
    This is a later Black Jupiter-8 50mm F2 in Leica Thread Mount. I optimized this lens for close-up and wide-open use for the Leica standard. It also has a fresh Lube job. Optics are very clean, a little oil on aperture blades, but has no affect on operation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little wear to the paint, as shown.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wide-Open and close-up on the Leica M8:

[​IMG]

100% crop (pixel peeping):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

100% crop: focus optimized for close-up and wide-open, which required a custom shim job.

[​IMG]

Color at F2:

[​IMG]

Infinity:
    F2:
    [​IMG]

Infinity at F4:
    [​IMG]

Russian lenses are not made to the Leica standard, and must be adjusted for use.

$70 Shipped in the US or Canada via 1st Class, $75 anywhere else shipped International First Class. $85 shipped International Priority Mail. Paypal, Personal Check, Money order. I reserve the right to hold shipment until check/MO clear.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brian

Brian SC Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jul 7, 2010
    Just to add: a Leica Thread Mount to M-Mount adapter is required to use this lens on an M8, M9, and other M-Mount cameras. I used a $15 adapter (not included) for these images.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.