Work in progress

Amin, thanks so much for the new forums and sub forums. I think this will make things a lot easier for people to find what they're after and see new threads, too. :2thumbs:

Amin,

Did you turn off the "recent discussions" column on the right side of the page or did I somehow change something that turned it off? That's the best navigation tool I've found for checking the site quickly and seeing if there's an ongoing discussion that's been updated and, at the moment, its gone. Was it something I did or something you're doing? If its something you're doing and if you're thinking about disabling that feature, here's a request for keeping it - I find it highly useful!

-Ray

Ray, when I click on the Home page that Recent Discussion column on the right is still showing.

Attachments

• New SC screen shot.jpg
    New SC screen shot.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 235
It is there on the home page but when you click on one of the discussions it disappears from the thread page.

It is there on the home page but when you click on one of the discussions it disappears from the thread page.

Thanks. So its nothing I did - I thought I broke it! Again to Amin, please don't leave that feature off permanently - it is probably the single most useful navigation tool on the site. At least to me...

-Ray

We've actually had some on going challenges with all the active threads showing up once one navigates away from the site. I'm sure it will get straightened out, but it's important to note the changes, too.

In addition, don't forget we have the Help and Feedback forum which is the best place to raise concerns and questions regarding site related issues.

P.S. In addition we have The Suggestion Box, as well.

I removed the Recent Discussions from the right side of the thread view, with the reason being that I'm trying to give some of the subforums a feel of being a site unto themselves. This is something I am trying out - not necessarily permanent - and I appreciate your input.

For example, the url TalkNEX.com brings you to our main Sony page, and Sony users may look at that as an NEX forum where they don't want to see all the other threads in the right column.

The "All" tab at the top of the screen will give you the same list of Recent Discussions which was previously in the right column of the thread view. I realize that it is an extra click and that some may prefer the other method.

Another reason for removing the right column is that some members were telling me that they need horizontal scrolling to view threads on a smaller display.

Thanks for the info. I noticed the talkNEX.com domain was pointing here. I think the new approach might be OK. I do miss the sidebar with recent discussions but at the same time it didn;t always work properly so maybe it will be easier just to use the All tab.

The idea would be to make such a "micro site" for any camera or system which capture sufficient interest amongst our members to do so. For example, if there's a lot of Fuji X100 interest, we could easily have an X100 micro site with it's own URL and subforums within the Serious Compacts "network". Those who have interest in all of the systems can use the main front page and the "All" tab.

Back