1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Workaround for Flickr Stream

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by kyteflyer, Jun 2, 2013.

1. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Want to view your stream the old way? All you have to do is add
    to the end of the URL. Add it to any stream you want to see. All good.

2. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Yay! It works!

3. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
  4. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Excellent! Thanks for the tip :smile:

5. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Thanks for the tip, but it seems the frontpage - my main bugbear - is immune and remains its glitzy annoying self when Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing is entered - hate those inset boxes!!!! Oh well.

6. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
  7. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Yes, Sets are also immune, darnit. But, at least now one can access the general stream, and one's contacts' streams in the old way. My main bugbear was when accessing via my iPad. The new infinite scroll combined with huge shots killed my iPad memory dead. On the computer I dont really have an issue with that. It just annoys me, but it doesnt stop me using it.

Other iPad/iPhone users might want to do as I did, when "Johnno" in Whirlpool told me about the workaround, he also suggested an app called FlickrStackr for Flickr. I bought it, it works really well for viewing, and managing. It also has a connection to Facebook for free and other services via in-app purchase. I only wanted it for Flickr.

8. tdp

tdp Guest

I have the same prob on my iPad, viewing streams kills it.

It's understandable that Yahoo doesn't address this issue since so few people use iPads.....

9. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    Yey! Added it and saved the link to my bookmarks bar. Can now click it open old style every time :)

10. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    And yet, there seems to be an overriding assumption that Flickr is now like this because of the increasing use of tablets and phones. IF thats the case, they have made a website-killing mistake.