Wrist Straps

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Bill Gordon, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon SC Regular

I am toying with the wrist strap concepts and first I was wondering if anyone uses them here and if so...what do you feel about the O ring or string attachment as shown on the site..gordy's camera straps
    This is not an advertisement but a question
  2. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro

Jul 8, 2010
    I have them and love them.
  3. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    I use the optech CAM strap. I don't think they sell the non-QD version anymore, however, it actually has a thicker/wider webbing at the attachment point than the QD version.
  4. Mal

Mal SC Veteran

Sep 23, 2010
    Liverpool / UK

I never used one with my film cameras.... but I do find its a MUST with my digital's... If one doesn't come in the box as an included accessory, I immediately attach one.
  5. duffer49

duffer49 SC Rookie

Jul 9, 2010
    attachment.php?attachmentid=167. Almost essential for compacts if carrying in the hand for any length of time I find, I use a Gordy as shown here, good quality and fair price. I went for the O ring as I thought is offered more security but I'm sure the string is fine especially on smaller lighter cameras.
  6. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon SC Regular

Thanks Duffer
  7. neilvan

neilvan SC Regular

Sep 25, 2010
    Beautiful BC, Canada
    I have used Gordy's straps for years on all of my cameras.

The string is very strong, I used to have a video I took of my swinging my a700 (with a grip and CZ 135mm f1.8) around and around . The string is strong period.

With my smaller cameras I just use a simple little Olympus wrist strap with a cinch, anything else is overkill in my opinion...