X-E1 HG-XE1 (Hand Grip)

Discussion in 'Fuji X Forum' started by softgui, Nov 30, 2012.

1. softgui

softgui SC Rookie

Oct 14, 2012

I just purchased the HG-XE1 Hand Grip for my X-E1 on a spur of the moment buy. I'm really liking it more and more and am pleased I got it now :smile:

It adds a bit more height to the X-E1 body but more importantly adds better ergonomics to hold the camera body. I do find it's easier to hold the camera body and can now wrap the outermost 2 fingers around the extended rubberised grip area on the front of the camera body.

At it's base, it has a rubberised base inset too. The grip screws into the tripod screw-hole on the camera body and in turn, the grip itself has a tripod screw-hole in it's base too.

It's manufacturing quality is so good, the "join" to the body at the base is almost negligible.

Here's a picture of the grip

regards, Simon
    • Like Like x 2
  2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Does the grip obstruct access to the battery etc?
  3. softgui

softgui SC Rookie

Oct 14, 2012
    Hi Sue,

Alas, yes, it does obstruct access to the battery. You need to remove the grip to change battery / SD card.

The grip has a "twist style" screw mount that is easy to lift up and unscrew to remove.
  4. burro39

burro39 SC Regular

Jul 20, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    May I ask where you were able to purchase the grip. Just received my X-E1 the other day and have been looking for the grip all over....have not been able to find a source.
    Thanks, Paul
  5. softgui

softgui SC Rookie

Oct 14, 2012
    Hi Paul,

I brought it in a local camera supplier here in Sydney, Australia. I've sent you a PM with details.

Ask all you want too, I don't mind answering any questions you have about it :smile:

- Simon