1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

X-E1 Samples

Discussion in 'Fuji X Forum' started by flysurfer, Oct 5, 2012.

1. flysurfer

flysurfer SC Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2011
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I'll look forward to seeing how the zoom performs. The camera body I was quite sure would perform as well as the X-Pro1 with the current lenses.

3. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Read that Adobe is supporting in the newest Camera Raw... wonder if the conversion has been updated (from the XPro1)?

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    I'm assuming files are identical to X-Pro?

-Ray

5. stanleyk

stanleyk SC Top Veteran

May 23, 2011
    Taylor, Texas
    He seems to thinks so:

Fujifilm X-E1 – High ISO Images ‹ roel.me

"What really surprised me were ISO 12800 and ISO 25600. There is some smearing in the shadow areas due to the noise reduction, however, these images are still good (and quite useable) in terms of noise, detail and colour fidelity. This is remarkable considering the extremely high ISO values.
    I also checked my X-Pro1 (with the latest firmware V2.00) and its image quality is the same. It seems that Fujifilm has improved the image processing engine in both the X-Pro1 and X-E1 to produce even better JPEG images."

6. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 SC Top Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Ed
    Thanks for sharing the photos, Flysurfer. How do you find the EVF? I was planning to sell my X-Pro1 and shift to the X-E1 to get the better EVF and the smaller form factor. However, I cancelled my pre-order because some of the early reviews I read said that the EVF, while better than that of the X-Pro1 in daylight, still had issues when panning and in low light. In addition, I've grown to really like the X-Pro1 and its size, and once I get the right diopter I think the EVF will work fine for my needs. Regardless, I am still curious to hear from users like you how the EVF on the X-E1 performs.

7. flysurfer

flysurfer SC Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2011
    The OLED is very good and sharp, you can see all the different film simulations (color, contrast, etc.), real WYSIWYG, it's all there. Personally, I consider the X-E1 a better deal than the X-Pro1. I just receives the zoom, and it looks very promising.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    I'm keeping a beedy eye on this thread!! Would love to see some examples from the zoom!

9. flysurfer

flysurfer SC Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2011
    I'll take a few zoom pics today and next week, so stay tuned.

10. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    I had a play with the top image in silver efex pro2...WOW!! The files from the X-E1 and X-Pro 1 are stunning!

11. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    yeah, the pixels are like elastic or something......you can really tweak 'em hard before they disintegrate.

12. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    I hope you don't mind but I put one of your images through Silver Efex pro2 and here is the result.

• Like Like x 1
  13. flysurfer

flysurfer SC Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2011
    • Like Like x 5
  14. flysurfer

flysurfer SC Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2011
    • Like Like x 6
  15. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Ooops! My bad!! Sorry :frown:

16. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Flysurfer

They are BONKERS sharp!!! That 18-55 looks great!!!!!!!

17. stanleyk

stanleyk SC Top Veteran

May 23, 2011
    Taylor, Texas
    Anybody who is getting that lens as a kit with the X-E1 is getting a really good deal!

18. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    No kidding. I have to stop reading this thread.

19. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Yeah me too!! I really want a Nikon D600 but the X-E1 looks just toooo tempting!!

20. flysurfer

flysurfer SC Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2011
    The irony is that the "excuse list" for this pre-production lens lists several "below specification" faults regarding sharpness, resolution, OIS performance and AF performance.

Well, if that's the faulty stuff, I can't wait for the "real" one. Unfortunately, that will take several more weeks. Till then, I will enjoy this crappy, faulty lens. :)