Fuji X-E1 shots from Taiwan

Very nice! How do you find the overall feel of the camera i.e. build quality, materials, buttons, dials, LCD?

So im sitting here messing with the camera thinking about your question. I can't find a build detail to complain about in the body. The lens hood and corresponding cap feel out of place to me, but that is really digging deep in looking for a fault and the hood/cap is no required for operation.

If you have used the x100 and xPro this feels right in the middle of those two.

These are great photos. The Fuji sensor just has that magic. I love my X Pro. I wish I could afford a second X Pro body. I will probably get an X-E sometime after Christmas so I don't have to change lenses. :) If I could only talk myself into selling the D700 and Nikon lenses I would get it now. I don't know why I can't part with it, I rarely use it (I think once in the last month when I did some kiddie portraits for someone) since I got the X Pro.

Driving the down a back alley trying to get around some traffic and I pass this Mini. The wife on the back of the bike says "oh cool do you need a photo?" and I say "why yes I do" as I turn around. I turn on my high beam and pull up until the light is good enough and take a couple of shots.

I had to convert this to something besides color because the balance was way off with the various light colors hitting the car and background (my headlight, the street lights, the ambient light). It all worked out in the end.

8124989420_c76d76025f_b.jpg

Mini Austin by Photos By 夏天, on Flickr

I'm hosting a photo walk this afternoon and the plan is to take the XE1 with 35mm and the EM5 with a Voigtlander 17.5. The wife will have her 550D with an 18-135 and most people attending will have some form of DSLR. The area will be a night market and the time is late afternoon until it just gets dark.

I hope my little "toy" cameras hold their own ;)

just curious - what kind of strap is that?
it looks sharp in contrast to the silver body and the black leatherette.

I made it, cost about a dollar. Red string, black shrink tubing and the triangle split ring and leather flap that came with the camera. It is just a temporary strap that will do until I can get to the leather shop and buy a nice piece of red leather strapping - or I may go with tan leather, not sure. I also stopped by the o-ring shop in the metal fabrication area of town and picked up a bunch of various sized o-rings for version 2, whenever that happens.

I made a similar one for my EM5 but used green parachute cord instead.

Back