Fuji X-E1 vs Sony NEX-6 Shootout Video

TCSJordan

Regular
Hey guys,

I thought you might find this video interesting. We'd already looked at a pre-production X-E1 briefly, but this was the first time the TCSTV crew were able to field test it. We also brought the new NEX-6 for comparison.

Let me know what you think!

Jordan

Very cool, I just finished watching that before I saw your message. That's a very useful comparison, I learned a few thing I didn't know about those two cameras.

Had the X-E1 been out last fall, I might well have bought one instead of the GXR, just to gain access to a more modern sensor.

Ok, now lets pit the X-E1 with a native Fujifilm 35mm equivalent field of view lens - one of the most popular prime focal lengths, against the Sony.

Oh... no 23mm prime yet for the X mount?

Pity! ;)

PS: Maybe the NEX-7 might have been a better match?

Very enjoyable video and very informative too. Not just the typical "walk-and-talk" type of video review.

You missed on stage though -- post production in your favorite environment (using LR for example), though I hear Fuji is working with Adobe to address their issues.

Had the X-E1 been out last fall, I might well have bought one instead of the GXR, just to gain access to a more modern sensor.

Ok, now lets pit the X-E1 with a native Fujifilm 35mm equivalent field of view lens - one of the most popular prime focal lengths, against the Sony.

Oh... no 23mm prime yet for the X mount?

I'm afraid to know what the 23 f/1.4 will cost. The thing looks large, which would hopefully imply good edge performance. But all at a cost. So long as it isn't too much more than an X100 used.

I'm afraid to know what the 23 f/1.4 will cost. The thing looks large, which would hopefully imply good edge performance. But all at a cost. So long as it isn't too much more than an X100 used.

As long as it's smaller, lighter and cheaper than a optically comparable 2.0/35mm for Canon or Nikon "full frame" DSLRs, I'm happy.

I have both cameras and they are both great in their own way.
The XE-1 might be more fun to use, but sometimes more frustating too
the nex 6 is faster in general (AF) and much better for video

But the "problem" I got is...
I really want a 23mm lens

Should i go for the Zeiss for nex @ 940 euro or wait for the fuji?
Both have no stabilisation, but the fuji will be 1.4 and might be cheaper then the zeiss? Since the 35mm fuji is "only" 499 euro (and that lens is 1.4 too)

Any advice ?
OR just wait a few more months ? ;)

Back