X-F1 looks quite interesting

Discussion in 'Fuji Forum' started by Chris2500dk, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Chris2500dk

Chris2500dk SC Top Veteran

Dec 22, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Fuji XF1 specifications, features, price | Photo Rumors

I like the dual control wheels and the manual zoom.
    Apparently they put in some sort of "bokeh bracketing", combining two exposures with different focus to create out of focus background. Sounds... odd :)

$499 doesn't seem too unreasonable.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    That is one sexy little compact! 2/3 sensor too!! Looks better i think in silver/black but classic never the less. Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    So its basically a smaller, sexier (if I may) X10 without a viewfinder, with a wider but slower lens? I'd probably get the X10 if I was gonna get one of them, but its a purty little thing, as I guess I've commented on before.

-Ray

4. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    That is a very good looking camera. I've been tempted by the X10, but I will go and have a look at this one.

5. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    The bokeh bracketing was actually something that I dreamed up in the shower a few weeks ago, although obviously Fuji beat me to the punch releasing it :tongue: but yeah it shouldn't be too hard if you have the necessary processing power!

6. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    I wonder how this is going to stack up against the RX100 in low light? A bit smaller sensor, but half the pixels.

I am still not digging on the looks. Where the X10/X100/X-Pro1 look more like older cameras (i.e. classic), this one looks to me like a modern camera with a 3rd party leather skin on the body. Okay, that is a bit harsh... just seems like such a contrast between the clean modern top and bottom and the leatherette wrap.

7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Its the same sensor and EXR processor as the X10, so to get best low light you have to use the EXR binning, which means a bit over 1/4 the pixels as the RX100. But the X10 was useable up to about 200-2500 ISO, so not as good as the RX100 but surprisingly good nonetheless - the best compact I'd seen before the RX100.

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  8. Naveed Akhtar

Naveed Akhtar SC Regular

Dec 8, 2011
    London, UK
    Fuji .. no one can beat ya on design! always beautiful and different!

9. Crsnydertx

Crsnydertx SC Top Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Different, yes. Beautiful? Not so much.

10. stanleyk

stanleyk SC Top Veteran

May 23, 2011
    Taylor, Texas
    I think it's really beautiful/elegant. I actually like the brown/tan more than the black.

11. Crsnydertx

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Definitely in the eyes of the beholder on this one. My first impression was "ugly", and it went downhill from there.

12. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I'm sort of neutral on the looks, but I like the idea of a pocketable x10.

13. Crsnydertx

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Yes, still love my X10. It's pocketable on the front of cargo shorts or cargo pants, but you certainly know it's there.

14. Chris2500dk

Chris2500dk SC Top Veteran

Dec 22, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
  15. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Great 1st look on DP there, thanks for the link. I think this is going to be a wonderful little camera. I am imagining the display cabinet at work with all the lovely X series Fuji cameras in it. I'll take a pic one day when everything is in there and pop it up here!

16. Pim

Pim SC Regular

Apr 21, 2012
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Pim
    Whilst I am sure it is a very capable camera (and I do like the manual zoom) I am wondering when cameras started to become fashion accessories rather than picture taking devices... if the main selling point seems to be the fake leather look in colors designed to match your purse or bag it is definitely not for me... why not a more standard design with at least a small grip, thumb-rest etc? I know it might just look like any other camera, but at least it would be usable and a little more ergonomic... This of course just my opinion, I am sure the small sleek design will appeal to many, it is just not for me.

• Like Like x 2
  17. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    E-fn looks really, really good
    aperture closes down very, very rapidly as you zoom in
    in black it's not ugly, I wouldn't get it in the other colours but that's a matter of taste

18. flysurfer

flysurfer SC Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2011
    No AEL/AFL functionality.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    Ouch. Not good.