1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

X-Pro 1 Diopter Correction Question

Discussion in 'Fuji X Forum' started by Penfan2010, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 SC Top Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Ed
    Wondered if I could get advice on what strength diopter lens to buy for my X-Pro1. I have no problems seeing the hybrid display when using the OVF, but the EVF image is very fuzzy. FYI I am near-sighted and have fairly strong prescription glasses for seeing far objects. I have always used my glasses for shooting, and the X-Pro 1 is the first camera I have owned in a long while without built-in diopter correction in the viewfinder. The EVF image comes into focus when I move my eye about 2 inches back from the viewfinder---is this a plus or minus diopter? Thanks.

2. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    You might just have to try a couple to see what works for you. I bought my X-Pro when I was in New York City in April and I walked over the Photo Village and tried a few diopters until I found a good match. I have a +1 on there, but I wouldn't presume to recommend one to a different set of eyes. Its possible your eye doc can tell you what you'd need, but you might need a bit of trial and error to be sure. They're not expensive - about $20 each, so if you order 3-4 and end up returning all but the one that works, you should be able to get there.

-Ray

3. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 SC Top Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Ed
    Thanks, Ray, I guess I should do the same---was hoping I could get an easy answer and avoid the trip across the Hudson, but didn't want to have to go back and forth ordering and returning diopter lenses online.