X-S1 vs DSLR Shootout Video

Discussion in 'Superzoom Salon' started by TCSJordan, Feb 17, 2012.

1. TCSJordan

TCSJordan SC Regular

Oct 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Funny stuff. Not really surprised that the XS outperformed the Canon. I would have liked to see it up against a Pentax K-r. Many of the same issues would have turned up in terms of available focal length and video, but fps, low light shooting, macro etc would have been better on the k-r (IMO of course :biggrin:)

3. TCSJordan

TCSJordan SC Regular

Oct 22, 2011
    I'd agree the K-r is a better camera than the Rebel T3, but Chris couldn't have gotten a telephoto as well for $800. It's amazing how many more options we would have had if the budget was $900-1000.

4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Indeed! All that said, though, the XS is still very appealing, even though I mostly use a K-5. I tire of lens changes at times and thats when I want a good superzoom. My Panasonic FZ100 just doesn't do it for me :-/

5. thekeddi

thekeddi SC Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    South Australia
    Dammit!! they shouldn't make these for me to watch and then want one! lol

6. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    LOL Kerri, you already wanted one. So did I. I'm very to and fro about it though, money being an issue (ie...none) but I've decided that I actually dont want to part with any of my cameras so whatever's next has to wait a very long time. Theres a new iphone, ipad and 27" Thunderbolt screen before any more cameras.

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Nice to see the specs set out in video format. No real surprises.