Fuji X-T1 GAS attack #2 (the me also thread)

You can find the xt1 in the 500-700 USD range. I thought about opting for an xt1. I paid $479 for a used xt10 from Adorama and could have coughed up a couple of hundred more. However, I really wanted the smaller camera. Just to note, Rayvonn, I don't think of the lack of IS a reason to get a Fuji but I kind of like the output so I'll try to fix my own shortcomings.:)

I've put the brakes on any more Fuji purchases for a while. As attractive as the new cameras are, I really don't have any weather-resistant lenses to go with the newer bodies that have WR. That's almost a blessing because it's really deflated my GAS.

That's what I did - excellent 'starter' lens, sort of reminds me of the Lumix 14mm f2.5, albeit a different focal length.

I think the best analogy to the 27 is the mu43 Panasonic 20 1.7. The mu 43 lens is faster but the focal length is similar. It was a hard call between the 27 and the new 35 2.0 and I went for the pancake. The Pen F with the 20 will fit in a coat pocket and I'm hoping for the same for the XT10 and the 27. After all, Singles in January is coming up and I have to pick a camera/lens combo. I think the Fuji folks dislike the lack of aperture ring but the mu43 folks like us have rarely had those on the Oly or Panny lenses.

Last edited:
It came today. The X-T10 is nice in the hand. It feels light but well made. It will take me a month to get these controls straight. It's so different from the Olympus control layout. I'm convinced that my former problems with Fuji sharpness were a lot of motion blur. Here's the first test. A wall, but an interesting one.
tunnelwall-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You can add me to the new X-T1 owners, how could I not with the price dropping in light of the new X-T2. It was pure G.A.S. Trouble is, I have most focal lengths on m43 but I've convinced myself that the X-T1's a better fit for my Takumar 50mm f1.4 and that the 23mm F2 is better than the 17mm f1.8, so that's alright then.
I've had the 17/1.8 on an EM5 but vastly prefer the rendering of either the 23/2 on my X100s or 23/1.4 Fujinon (haven't tried the new 23/2 so far).

Back