Fuji X10-Adding Optical filters

Kustom48

Regular
Name
ian drury
Hi,
Can any X10 owners help me out with a question about fitting additional filters to an X10.

Does the X10 have a lens filter thread ( can't find any info on this so far ) if so what size is it, if not, what is the best way to mount optical filters, eg; NDs, Grads ( P size, 84mm) and circular polarisers ?

I'm asking this as I've just found a great deal on an X10 and I'm seriously considering buying it over one of the newer models ( LX7, XZ2, EX2F,P7700, XF1...).

Thanks in anticipation !;)

You need to get the lens hood, which has a filter adapter built into it. Either the Fuji or JJC hoods will work - and both take 52mm filters. Without a lens hood, you can't do it...

-Ray

Hi,
Can any X10 owners help me out with a question about fitting additional filters to an X10.

Does the X10 have a lens filter thread ( can't find any info on this so far ) if so what size is it, if not, what is the best way to mount optical filters, eg; NDs, Grads ( P size, 84mm) and circular polarisers ?

I'm asking this as I've just found a great deal on an X10 and I'm seriously considering buying it over one of the newer models ( LX7, XZ2, EX2F,P7700, XF1...).

Thanks in anticipation !;)

B+W makes a 40 to 43mm adapter ring. It fits great even though the threads are supposed to be 39.5. There are a lot of 43mm filters out there. I just got a B+W 43mm MC Neutral filter to protect the front of the lens. I think I got it from BandH but Adorama probably has them too. Not sure about the UK but they are probably not hard to get there either.

Thanks for this info, so a 40.0mm threaded adapter ring works ok on the X10s' 39.5mm size lens thread, despite the 0.5mm size difference.

I'll look around for these here in the UK, or the JJC / Fuji lens hood to be able to use a 52mm diameter filter mounting ring from Cokin or similar.

I just ordered the Marumi filter from Amazon with a Christmas gift card. I've heard good things about it optically, so we'll see. I usually try to get a BW uv filter, but they apparently don't make a 40mm, and I'd prefer to avoid a step ring if I can, though I'll have to if I try to use any other filters, which, however is unlikely. For me it's not a kit camera I'll be carrying with accessories. That would be my E-M5.

The X-10, though, is a wonderful little camera. I'm thrilled with it.

Back