X10 first shots dogs

Discussion in 'Fuji Forum' started by stanleyk, Dec 28, 2011.

1. stanleyk

stanleyk SC Top Veteran

May 23, 2011
    Taylor, Texas
    I took the X10 out this AM for the first time. I am very pleased with this camera. I just wish they had made a standard size filter for it. I was seriously considering sell my K5 to get a NEX 7. But after using this and the X100, I'm going to wait to see what Fuji comes out with next. This is a great little camera. I took 6 shots with this AM and was happy with every one of them. I'm still a little paranoid about the filter situation. :frown:

The not included shot was one of a trash can so I could figure out how the viewfinder worked.
    • Like Like x 7
  2. norman shearer

norman shearer SC Veteran

Nice colours out of that camera. Quite a large DOF with the dog shots which works well because the backgrounds are pretty without taking your attention away from the dogs.
  3. tdekany

tdekany SC Veteran

Dec 21, 2011
    Portland OR
    Very nice pictures! Are these straight out of the camera?
  4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    Congrats on the X10! I'm not sure if you knew that I had one, sent it back and then bought it again. I'm finding it to be a great camera - and fun! It does play well with its older sibling the X100. Your dogs are looking good and those red berries do, as well. Very nice colors throughout.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    Boy, do I feel for you - you really painted a clear picture of that horrible mess.:eek:

I have to tell you, speaking of the OOC pix on this camera. I just shot about 20 pictures of a friend's 14 month old granddaughter on Program Mode and I am blown away! I shot both RAW and jpeg and threw the RAWs away. I do not need RAW on this camera, not so far...and I've also taken some extremely contrasty shots and the camera works beautifully. I will say that I have it set pretty much the way Ray does, as he's outlined here: https://www.photographerslounge.org/f63/fuji-x10-settings-start-5152/index2.html#post54779 with Auto EXR. I do change the ISO myself many times...

Anyhow, I'm glad you're happy with the camera, too, and hope to heck they clean up that poor dead pig ASAP!
    • Like Like x 2