Fuji X10 on it's travels

Neiltluck

Regular
Name
Neil Luck
Hi All,

Many Moons ago, (that many, most have probably forgotten!), I promised to post some pictures that I had taken with my beloved X10 during my road trip holiday to Boston and Maine.

Well I have eventually gotten round to adding some onto Flickr. There are far too many to post directly here, but if anyone is interested, here is a link to the set...

Boston and Maine - a set on Flickr

That wonderful little magic box known as the X10 will never ever cease to amaze me with its abilities!

See you soon.

Neil

Neil, there are some very fine images in that set! Thanks for sharing them.
As a former X10 owner now with an X20, I gotta' say you really showed that camera's abilities in the hands of someone who can use it as an image making tool. Kudos.
. . . David

Thank you David, I appreciate the kind words.

As a matter of interest, is the X20 a big improvement over the X10? I keep thinking that I might upgrade, but then I look at what the X10 is capable of and wonder if it really worth it.

Thanks again.

Neil

Neil - that's sorta' loaded question around here. :rolleyes: Or at least a very interesting discussion. Some folks feel that JPEG quality suffers with the X20 but RAW is improved. I haven't found the JPEG quality an issue for me but definitely agree that the RAW files appear to be easier to process than with the X10.
For me the biggest improvement is getting an approximate area of focus in the OVF. With the X10 I was never sure with the OVF where my focus point was. So for me the X20 is a much better fit.
Good luck and good shooting.
. . . David

Thanks for your take on the X10 vs X20 discussion David. I must confess to not really worrying too much about the raw images as I feel that the X10 jpegs are more than good enough. That said I do always shoot raw+JPEG just in case. Maybe I will stick with the X10 for now, as it really does suit my style of shooting. Who knows I may even get it a companion in the X100/X100s at some point.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Kyteflyer, thank you for your kind words. I too find New England one of the most endearing parts of the US. I feel so at home there and never get bored of the scenary. I always find there is something interesting to photograph regardless of what camera I am using.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Back