Fuji X10 on Vacation

Neiltluck

Regular
Name
Neil Luck
Hi All,

I've just returned from a few weeks in the States, (my wannabe home!). My wife and I spent our time travelling up and down the Maine Coast stopping in various locations along the way....what an amazing part of the Country!

Anyway, here are a few tasters before I post a proper set. I took over a thousand images and need to wade through them...but this may take some time!

DSCF9358_Snapseed.jpg

Early Morning Fog Over Camden Harbor

DSCF9614_Snapseed.jpg

Low Light on Booth Bay Harbor

DSCF9726_Snapseed.jpg

Low Light on Booth Bay Harbor

DSCF9604_Snapseed.jpg

Daylight over Boothbay Harbor

DSCF9531_Snapseed.jpg

Rockland

I will add more as and when I sort them out!

Cheers for now.

Neil.

Very nice shots!

I was in Best Buy a few days ago and they had five X10's in stock, all with serial numbers that started with 22A - ie, the new sensors. I've really just never grown at all fond of the RX100 despite its amazing image quality - I just don't ever want to pick the damn thing up. So on impulse I bought another X10 (I had one of the originals but didn't ultimately keep it because of the orbs - good daytime camera but totally unworkable for urban low light shooting). Put the new one through an orb torture test and it passed with flying starbursts (and other manner of orb-less blown highlights). The RX100 will be my wife's birthday present - a vast full-auto improvement over what she's been using and it'll be really helpful for shooting her students in classroom situations, which she does a lot. On the off chance she doesn't like it, I'll put it up for sale, but I think she should love it... And now I have a camera that's actually fun to pick up and shoot with again. Its sort of the sweet spot for me in the compact world. Handling almost as great at the LX7 (probably better in some ways but overall just a close second) and image quality almost as good as the RX100 (probably better in low light at the long end, but not at the wide end). And it and the X-Pro really look quite nice sitting next to each other on the shelf...

-Ray

Great photos!

I never felt much RX100 love from you, Ray, and to be honest it doesn't surprise me at all that you didn't stick to your "keep it for a year or 2 until a more lovable camera equals the image quality" plan!:tongue: enjoy your X10!

Ray,
I have been tempted by the X10 myself.Now that I have the X100, I just don't know if I would ever grab the 10 when I have the 100 though.When do you anticipate using yours?Also, do you use the optical viewfinder?

Ray,
I have been tempted by the X10 myself.Now that I have the X100, I just don't know if I would ever grab the 10 when I have the 100 though.When do you anticipate using yours?Also, do you use the optical viewfinder?

When I had it before, I used it for light travel, for street shooting, for bike rides, etc. just a really good all-around small-ish camera for when you want a range of focal lengths easily available. I liked the X-100 also, but sometimes I either wanted something other than 35mm (i tend to prefer wider) or more options. I had mine over a long weekend in New York City shortly after i got it and it would have been all I shot with except for the orbs, which caused me to use a different camera at night.

I used the OVF sometimes, but not all that much. It's nice when you want it or need it, but I wouldn't use it extensively without having some information in there.

-Ray

Back