Fuji X10 Pictures

Like my man cave, lol.

Officially somewhere around 380000; 23000 in 'La Isleta' alone (the upper third in the image) but they must have included dogs, seagulls and pigeons. Another funny number are more than 10 million passengers/year but I rarely see any tourists where I live - maybe because some guidebooks actually warn against visiting there, lol.

That's pretty good size...Las Palmas is co-capital with Tenerife right? I imagine the pace life is pretty sweet. It was pretty nice in Barcelona when I was there and that's a major urban center. You live in a great spot that's for sure.

If I had and X10 and were taking a trip, I'd definitely pack it, for backup if for nothing else, though I expect I'd use it a lot, as I did my Stylus 1 in Laos. It's so small, it takes no room at all to include it.
Except I've downsized my 40L backpack to a 28L backpack this time...But hey, what's another 350gr? Plus charger. Both cameras won't fit in my camera bag (ok so I haven't tried but and I'd just better not).

That's pretty good size...Las Palmas is co-capital with Tenerife right? I imagine the pace life is pretty sweet. It was pretty nice in Barcelona when I was there and that's a major urban center. You live in a great spot that's for sure.
What can I say, Kevin ... I've visited 54 countries so far and there's not much I miss on the Canary Islands; I love it there. First of all the very tolerant, warm and fun loving people. I had no problems photographing anyone EVER - on the contrary, see below ... Then there's the wonderful nature and the excellent climate, the relatively low cost of living, you name it. I picked a lovely spot here; it's pretty quiet and 100m away from a 4km beach. I go for a swim each day and scuba dive on the weekends, a beer in a bar is somewhere around 1.20€, a fresh coffee 80 cents, a bus ride the same, guess the rest ... nothing to worry about :).

buezz 1-soup 2-FS33-mids66-1k2.jpg

Help please
About halfway through a shoot yesterday my X10 shot out of focus - I was not aware of any change of settings or setting any changes - using P mode for the most part
more than a bit frrrrustrating & my eyesight is not good enough to detect sharp focus on the LCD screen unless its truly blurred
Be grateful to understand possible reasons for this & what to do to correct.

Help please
About halfway through a shoot yesterday my X10 shot out of focus - I was not aware of any change of settings or setting any changes - using P mode for the most part
more than a bit frrrrustrating & my eyesight is not good enough to detect sharp focus on the LCD screen unless its truly blurred
Be grateful to understand possible reasons for this & what to do to correct.
I had some situations in the last 4? years with this camera where it had a really hard time focusing or focused somewhere outside of the AF frame, mostly in low- or backlight situations.
Don't know if this is of any help so just in case: I have the energy saving options turned off (>faster AF), never rely on the AF frame turning green but wait for the acoustical confirmation (beep) instead! - the optical confirmation (AF frame turning green) can be misleading. I usually have the AF frame set to the second or third smallest size as well (AF button > thumb weel) and look for vertical lines in the focus plane > faster, more reliable AF.

Macro mode accidentally selected ? (sorry, I don't know the X10 so this may be a daft suggestion)
The standard and super macro modes on the X10 just allow and speed up focus aquisition at closer distances and don't keep the camera from focusing farther away - at least on my X10.

Last edited:
I had some situations in the last 4? years with this camera where it had a really hard time focusing or focused somewhere outside of the AF frame, mostly in low- or backlight situations.
Don't know if this is of any help so just in case: I have the energy saving options turned off (>faster AF), never rely on the AF frame turning green but wait for the acoustical confirmation (beep) instead! - the optical confirmation (AF frame turning green) can be misleading. I usually have the AF frame set to the second or third smallest size as well (AF button > thumb weel) and look for vertical lines in the focus plane > faster, more reliable AF.

The standard and super macro modes on the X10 just allow and speed up focus aquisition at closer distances and don't keep the camera from focusing farther away - at least on my X10.

I have left my camera in Super Macro before and it seems to focus fine at a distance although a bit more slowly so I have always assumed that in normal mode it focuses more quickly at distance.

I have also found that if you set the auto focus box smaller it has a tougher time locking focus.

Back