X10 Sensor Replacement Deadline - Sep 30th

Discussion in 'Fuji Forum' started by demiro, Sep 27, 2012.

1. demiro

demiro Serious Compacts For Life

Dec 15, 2011
    Not sure this matters to anyone anymore, but deadline for Fuji to replace sensors on X10 for "orbs" is Sep 30th. Not sure they are being hard-nosed about that date, but figure I'd toss the reminder out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. pbancr1

pbancr1 New to SC

May 6, 2012
    Essex CT US
    I called Fuji yesterday about sending my x10 in for sensor replacement and they didn't say anything about a September 30 deadline. They indicated it would be a 2 week turnaround.

3. Crsnydertx

Crsnydertx SC Top Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    They're very quick, competent and caring at the Edison repair facility; had a very good experience with them during the summer. Makes me want to buy more Fujifilm products....:biggrin:

4. demiro

Dec 15, 2011
    That's good to hear. The email I rec'd back from Fuji about returning my X10 said:
    Makes me think they will done replacing sensors sometime soon.

5. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    But when can we be guaranteed that X10's in stores will have the new sensor?

6. demiro

Dec 15, 2011
    B&H says all their stock is new sensor -- https://www.photographerslounge.org/f46/fuji-x10-sensor-update-orb-issue-10002/

If/when Fuji does stop replacing sensors it might make things interesting on the used market. Anyone who has gotten the replacement should keep whatever documentation they receive to share with buyers in the future. I'm assuming we are all serial photo gear buyers and sellers...