X10 sensor replacement poll

Discussion in 'Fuji Forum' started by kwaphoto, Jul 7, 2012.

1. kwaphoto

kwaphoto SC Rookie

Jun 16, 2012
    Colorado, USA
    Ken W. Andrews
    Since we can't create polls on this forum (that I can figure out), I've created 3 polls related to the sensor replacement elsewhere.

-how would you rate your repair
    -how did Fuji fix it (replace sensor or camera)
    -if you haven't sent your's in, are you going to?

The polls can be found here: Fuji X10 sensor replacement poll | Ken W. Andrews

Ken

2. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    Fuji replaced my camera in one day, so it was less than a week from shipping in to getting the new one, very well done by Fuji

3. Crsnydertx

Crsnydertx SC Top Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    I was one of the minority who actually had surgery performed on the original camera, evidently involving a both a new sensor and a new lens assembly. Would have preferred a new camera, but I really can't complain: more than most companies would do. They've earned my respect and loyalty!

4. kwaphoto

kwaphoto SC Rookie

Jun 16, 2012
    Colorado, USA
    Ken W. Andrews
    I'm glad to hear that Fuji is doing the right thing and that they have been pretty speedy. The more I use my X10, the more I love it...even with the sensor blooming! I just packed mine up so I can send it out on Monday. Thanks for the replies so far!

5. nippa

nippa SC Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2010
    Cheshire UK
    Dennis
    The X10 is now performing brilliantly against the light.
    Very happy with the fix.

6. kwaphoto

kwaphoto SC Rookie

Jun 16, 2012
    Colorado, USA
    Ken W. Andrews
    So far over 85% consider the issue resolved after having the sensor/camera replaced. 58% had the sensor replaced / 42% had the entire camera replaced. I'm glad to hear that you are happy Nippa, I can't wait to get mine back!

7. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I didn't buy my X10 until last week... so I got a new sensor right from the start.