Fuji X10 & Thumb Grips

demiro

Serious Compacts For Life
I have just reacquired an X10. Didn't realize how much I missed it!

I had investigated thumb grips previously but never purchased one. It seems there are more options out there now. Wondering what the experiences have been for folks on here.

The Thumbs Up EP-6S Fuji X-10 looks perfect. Just wondering if someone can confirm that it keeps your thumb off the back dial without hindering operation when you want to use the dial?

There is also the HorusBennu TG-1, for about one-third of the cost of the Thumbs Up grip. I know it is not a perfect match for the X10, but it sounds pretty good for the price. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HorusBe...8?pt=US_Camera_Cases_Bags&hash=item416b810412

Any comments about either option (or others) would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Tangentially related: the factory-installed rubber thumb rest on the X10 body is showing a penchant for falling off, particularly after surgery for sensor replacement; several reports online. I lost one so far; bought two replacements and am looking for a reliable adhesive to mount one. Perhaps the Lensmate thumb rest is in order...much cheaper than the Fuji branded version ($50 vs. $130 US).

Tangentially related: the factory-installed rubber thumb rest on the X10 body is showing a penchant for falling off, particularly after surgery for sensor replacement; several reports online. I lost one so far; bought two replacements and am looking for a reliable adhesive to mount one. Perhaps the Lensmate thumb rest is in order...much cheaper than the Fuji branded version ($50 vs. $130 US).

When I bought the X10 I knew I was going to want 3 things, a Gordy strap (black and red), a thumb rest and a soft release button. I thought the Thumbs Up seemed a bit spendy and while I can see the differences between it and the Lensmate I don't know that I think they are significant enough to cost an additional $100.

The Lensmate for the X10 is perfect. There is a very slight movement but it actually feel good. It will not fall out at all or move enough to be a bother. On the other hand, the one for the XPro has a setscrew and that I wouldn't like. I do use a flash sometimes.

This grip makes the camera and also makes one handed shooting real easy....

The Lensmate for the X10 is perfect. There is a very slight movement but it actually feel good. It will not fall out at all or move enough to be a bother. On the other hand, the one for the XPro has a setscrew and that I wouldn't like. I do use a flash sometimes.

This grip makes the camera and also makes one handed shooting real easy....

You're using an X10 right now correct? I thought I saw that on your Flickr images. I take it yo like it? I'm excited to take mine for a run. It arrives next week.

Thanks friends..... yeah I'm using the X10. I't a very good camera for just about anything as long as you understand the files. Raw is out so forget that. LR4 has some profile info but not enough to really use raw.
The jpegs are the way to go and there are a few ways to get it to work.

M DR400 is great and L auto DR or 100 is also great.......
good luck and I look forward to your thoughts and more importantly your photos......

I'm a big fan of Don's work, and I have used it as an inspiration when I go out and shoot (I haven't gone out and done so lately unfortunately), I'll be waiting for your set of images :popcorm2:

I am as well. I have been the recipient of Don's generosity and guidance on a number of occasions. From him selling me his P20/1.7 for less than he could have gotten elsewhere when I first started using m43 and was trying to learn thing and grow to his supportive comments and sage advice as I have tried to work on my skills and grow. He's someone that I admire and try and emulate.

FWIW Phoenix you're one of those people as well.

BTW, I got my lensmate today...now if I had a camera to attach it to I'd be all set.

Back