1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

X100 Busker

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by Ghosthunter, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    I took this shot in Rye High Street. The chap had his eyes closed so taking a pic was no problem. I still gave him some money though! He was a cheap model!! :)

There is a Mono version on my Flickr

X100 Rye Busker by andywest1, on Flickr

• Like Like x 12
  2. thekeddi

thekeddi SC Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    South Australia
    I love this Andy, and what you did with it! Stop making me jealous that I don't get out much in winter to take pics :-(

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Sorry.......:biggrin:

4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    It's so great to see you out and about with your X100, Andy! I have to set aside more time to look at your pictures...but I did just do a quick check on Flickr and think that your busker sings in this color version!

We all need to get our cameras working more!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Nice work Andy. The processing works well with the image and the whole thing really conveys and mood and sense of the scene...

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Thanks BB & Ray.

What i really like is the chaps clothing and the reflection in the window. The processing really helps bring out the best.

7. nikki

nikki SC Top Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Dublin ,Ireland
    great image - I also like the black and white - but cant decide which one I prefer . The colour in this is great - looks like film !

• Like Like x 1
  8. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Great shot Andy and the processing is stunning - please share your technique/software used on this one?

Ta muchly,
    Ian

9. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    I could tell you but then I would have to kill you!! :biggrin: Only Joking!!

I did some pretty standard edits in LR3 and then imported it into Color Efex Pro4. I used a combination of colour tone and tonal contrast. It gives an almost HDR effect.

10. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    I am now Dead.......jealous, your processing is great!! I have LR3 and Silver Efex Pro2 for my B&W conversions but have not considered the Colour Efex pro - would you recommend it??

Great job though Andy and thanks for sharing the mix,
    Ian

11. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    If you do not have Photoshop or Elements then yes i would recommend it. The Pro contrast efect is superb as are some of the other efex. You can stack efex on top of each other and play around with them to your hearts content. It really is a great prog. It does for colour what Silver efex does for mono. Check out the vids on youtube and the NIK site before you make up your mind if it's for you.

12. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks Andy I will have a look.

Ian