X100 bw

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by Iansky, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Some B&W images with the X100 - processed in SFX.

Across_the_field.

Sails.

Gnarly.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    The tortured tree........that's the killer shot for me, all the way. I can feel the scream!

• Like Like x 1
  3. photogfollett

photogfollett SC Regular

Feb 7, 2012
    Roseburg, Oregon
    John
    ^^^^ I agree, that tree photo is just outstanding. Well done!

4. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks Guys,

I had to watch it for a while as it looked like it would pull out it's roots and move - really had character!

5. winginkris

winginkris SC Veteran

Dec 15, 2011
    +3 on the last one!

6. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    I am still being constantly amazed by both the flexibility and quality of image that the X100 produces, add to that the fact it is small, light, very tactile and silent - a great easy carry camera for all events.

The original Gnarly tree Tiff image has a real 3D effect and I find that f4 produces top quality images.

As controversial as my next statement next be, I stand by it - Personally, I think the image quality from the X100 is better than I was getting from my recently departed M8.2 + 28mm f2.8 Leica kit!

7. timallenphoto

timallenphoto SC Rookie

Mar 18, 2012
    Kent, England.
    Well I've come from an E-P1 and E-PL2 and the X100 is just in a totally different league in my opinion. I was comparing 2 shots the other day, E-PL2 at ISO 320 and X100 at ISO 2500 and the X100 image was so much cleaner. Almost feel like I've wasted a year shooting with m4/3 but I did get some good photos at least but I won't miss it at all.

8. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Tim,

I can concur with that to a degree but I still use the m4/3 system I have when I know I will need interchangeable lenses - just returned from trip to India and used the M4/3 for 85% of my images and delighted with the results even though X100 has better image quality overall - flexibility was the issue.

M4/3 images are here - 571 Photography: GX1 does Taj Mahal and Delhi

Could be worth a quick look.

9. timallenphoto

timallenphoto SC Rookie

Mar 18, 2012
    Kent, England.
    Totally but then you have what I'd call a second generation m4/3 sensor, I was stuck with the Olympus 12mp sensor that first came out in 1957 ;)

10. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Agreed!

To my eyes, the photos from my X100 have more pop than the ones from my m4/3 cameras. Not to mention much cleaner files like Tim said below.

If Fuji comes out with a X150 with a fixed 35/1.4 (that doesn't chatter too loudly), it'd make a great pair with the X100 as a near-silent two camera kit.

11. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    :rofl: