1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

X100 in Buenos Aires, Argentina

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by David_Manning, Feb 26, 2012.

1. David_Manning

David_Manning SC Regular

Aug 23, 2011
    Aledo, Texas
    Just got back from Buenos Aires, and shot with the X100. I'm really loving how discrete it is in the urban environment. I sometimes wish it had interchangeable lenses, though (probably not getting an X-pro 1)...

6783797542_1e5e8c1f51_b.

6932193259_192b666969_b.

6932194131_aa72ac0831_b.

6932194645_cbac0bd4e2_b.

6932192273_8f93ce0f28_b.

• Like Like x 11
  2. nikki

nikki SC Top Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Dublin ,Ireland
    Great shots - I would love one of these cameras - have to wait a while though too many other expenses!!:smile:

3. David_Manning

David_Manning SC Regular

Aug 23, 2011
    Aledo, Texas
    Thanks Nikki.

4. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Lovely images!!! First is my favorite.

5. Archiver

Archiver SC Top Veteran

Jul 11, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Great stuff as always, David. I have to say that your images helped me a lot in my decision to get a X100 after all. I really like your sense of composition and the black and white treatments you do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Great series, David - thanks for sharing!

7. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    All great. Just so good.
    Great camera allied to a great eye.

8. David_Manning

David_Manning SC Regular

Aug 23, 2011
    Aledo, Texas
    Thanks guys. I really appreciate the feedback. I wrestle with bouts of photographic insecurity all the time. Nothing seems to look that great in the little screen on the back of the camera...they all look like digicam snaps to me.

After about a day or two, I get them loaded on a drive and get a good look, and they start talking to me. I really think I'm using my X100 like I did my M6 with Tri-X. That pause is key to my edit...almost like waiting for film from the lab.

I'm getting better, but still not great at, avoiding chimping when I'm shooting. The one thing that really helps for me is worrying about the battery! I'm set up for no auto image review also.

Since I'm not great at re-training my brain, I'm trying to bend the X100 to my will!

9. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    David,

What a great set of images and my favourite is No.2 as it is a timeless photo symbolic of passing eras and reminds me of similar images from Cuba and other areas that still have parts from the past.

Hope you have more to share with us - they encourage me as I am off to India next month for 9 days and plan on taking the X100 as my prime shooter supported by the GX1.

10. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    Really looking forward to seeing the results. Ian on the loose in India with those two cameras....

• Like Like x 1
  11. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    So many great images here David. I'm hard pressed to pick from #1, #3, and #4, as each has it own unique quality. Hope to see more once they're "back from the lab" :wink:

Always enjoy your images Ian, so I'm looking very forward to this too. Oh the sights of India....I will live vicariously! :wink:

Must say in a sea of gear talk that swells and eddies on this forum I find it reassuring that there are islands of sanity with folks, such as yourselves, that have stuck by a top camera and continue producing such stellar images....minus mindless chatter about sticky apertures or random orbs or ISO buttons, etc., etc., etc.. Good on you fellas :thumbup: Wish I kept mine now just so I could join you!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    Excellent images, David.

I really enjoyed Buenos Aires when I visited back in 2006. Fantastic city.

Cheers,

Antonio

13. David_Manning

David_Manning SC Regular

Aug 23, 2011
    Aledo, Texas
    Thanks again everyone.

Ian, I've always wanted to shoot India. Enjoy yourself, and be careful what/where you eat.

• Like Like x 1
  14. David_Manning

David_Manning SC Regular

Aug 23, 2011
    Aledo, Texas
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks David,

We are staying with friends so hopefully will avoid the potential of "Delhi Belly" - I am very excited about the trip and feel the choice of X100 as prime shooter supported by GX1 should allow me to capture some favourible images with drawing too much attention to myself.

16. Roark

Roark SC Rookie

Nov 6, 2011
    Great shots! I'm glad I casually clicked on this thread. You have a goldmine set of shots.

• Like Like x 1
  17. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I really like the "compositional contrast" in the cockpit shot. I salute your skill.

• Like Like x 1
  18. David_Manning

David_Manning SC Regular

Aug 23, 2011
    Aledo, Texas
    Thanks everyone...I really appreciate the feedback.

19. David_Manning

David_Manning SC Regular

Aug 23, 2011
    Aledo, Texas