1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

X100 in Westlake Hangzhou, China.

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by fineshooter, Apr 24, 2013.

1. fineshooter

fineshooter SC Rookie

Apr 23, 2013
    Hi all,

I've used my X100 only less than 1000 random shots since I bought it 5 months ago. To me, it's cool in appearence, and the fixed 35MM lense reminds me of the gold old days playing cameras with my sister back in 70's last century, and it's more fun with so much sophisticated digital functions, whereas, still, many MF choices. Although there are some limitations compared to other SLRCs, it's already sufficient to me, I mean, I haven't touched any camera for almost more than 20 years( the last one was a MINOTA film SLR), I believe X100 must have some advantages, hard to start with though. I'll stick to it no matter what cameras else I owned and will own.

By the way, I joined one X100 QQ(Chinese Facebook or twitter ) group which has more than 800 fans, I will upload some pics later if I got authorized.

Herebeneath I DSCF0913. DSCF1469. 'd like to share two of my random shots at Westlake in hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province, China(my hometown), please give me tips to improve my green handed tries.(p/s, the 2nd shot was taken without tripod)

2. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Hi Fineshooter, welcome to Serious Compacts! :smile:
    I must say, those are some Fine shots :wink: love the colours and tones!

3. Archiver

Archiver SC Top Veteran

Jul 11, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Wow, I think I've stood in that exact spot where you took the second photo! It was in 2007, on a trip with a group of others. I will see if I have a photo from that spot.

4. ean10775

ean10775 SC Regular

Feb 25, 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    I love the light in the first photo and its tonality! Nice work!

5. Welcome from the other side of the world.

6. fineshooter

fineshooter SC Rookie

Apr 23, 2013
    Hi Achiver, what a fancy coincidence! This place is called "LIU LANG WEN YING" which means to hear the warblers sing under the willow tree, where my grandparents yellow villa stood there for a quite a while before the Aganist Japanese War.

7. fineshooter

fineshooter SC Rookie

Apr 23, 2013
    Thank you Bartjeej, Ean. I will shoot more to get the future pics improved, because I found there are so many masterpieces in this place. Nice to meet you guys.

8. fineshooter

fineshooter SC Rookie

Apr 23, 2013
    Hi davect, thank you from the other side...:drinks:

9. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome - those are fine shots fine shooter.

10. Archiver

Archiver SC Top Veteran

Jul 11, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    • Like Like x 1