Fuji X100 - Is it a keeper?

I'm not finding it to be a keeper... for personal reasons. I just dont enjoy using it as much as I expected to. I'm going to take it out again today, I havent used it for two weeks, and will make my final decision at the end of the day. At this time, though, I don't think its really for me.

Gee, we're all on the same wavelength. I have the X100 (though will likely sell it), the EP3 with the 12mm and 45mm, and the GXR with 50mm, 28mm and Mount unit. Oh, and the GRD3 and Q. As stated, I'll probably sell the X100, and I'd sell the EP3, but I love those lenses and the way Olympus renders color.

The X100 is indeed a master IQ machine, but I just don't seem to get along with it. Maybe I'll keep it through the winter, my favorite photography season, and see what it brings me.

I have to confess to have a GRD3 and Q as well. OMG, might I be prone to GAS attacks? (Ok, the GRD3 I own since it came out;)).

Got to chime in here and say that I've used some pretty funky and quirky cameras in my day. The Sigma DSLRs being at the top of the list and I've got to say the problems and quirks with the x100 don't bother me that much. The list is long on the cameras I've owned: Canon 20d, 5d, 7d and 1Ds Mark II, Nikon d200, d2x, d90, d7000, Sony a55, Pentax K5, Sigma SD14 & SD15 and now the x100. I know that's a long list. I am the target audience for this camera I expect. I don't want to spend the money on film anymore but I want the sense that I'm shooting film. I expect I'm no different...I'm sure every x100 user gets interested looks. Even more odd looking is my method of shooting with a camera in one hand and a strobe in the other I can operate quickly and keep the quality with the x100 in commander mode.

I love the quick access to the aperture that I WILL miss with the x10 but I can live with that. I'll have both but the x10 will be the primary. It's light and with the handmade leather case I got from someone in the Philippines off Etsy it already looks old and weathered. I shot a wedding this past weekend and ended up using the x100 most of the time. Flash in one hand, camera in the other...it was very relaxed, spontaneous and the x100 allowed me to remain flexible and creative. I worked around the quirks and was very happy with the results.

The x100 is a keeper in my book. That's saying a lot coming from all the cameras I've been through in the past 6 years. :)

Chuck, welcome to Serious Compacts - and I'm glad you feel the X100 is a keeper, too.:2thumbs:

I see you've already made yourself home here, which is wonderful. Next time please stop by the Welcomes and Introductions forum for a more official meet and greet... Really, it's just the easiest way for everyone to get a chance to meet you.:th_salute:

You guys are a bad influence on me.
After reading this thread and doing some research, I ordered an X100 this morning!
So I've put my LX5 up for sale on the buy and sell forum and I'll be selling some of my Nikon gear also.

You guys are a bad influence on me.
After reading this thread and doing some research, I ordered an X100 this morning!
So I've put my LX5 up for sale on the buy and sell forum and I'll be selling some of my Nikon gear also.

You won't regret your decision. Short term pain from your bank acount, but long term joy and payback from the X100:)

Still in love with my X100. It and the EP3 seem to get on fine in little bag together.:grouphug:

I've used the analogy before, but now that I have them in the bag it does ring true - the EP3 is a great little Swiss army knife, while the X100 a formidable straight blade.

After giving it a lot of thought, the answer is yes!!!

In spite of the sluggishness and quirky interface, the output of the X100 is unmatched by any other camera of its size. In my humble opinion.

Back