1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

X100 Screen Protector

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by Streetshooter, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
  2. Photorx12

Photorx12 SC Regular

May 31, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ExpertShield

ExpertShield New to SC

Aug 22, 2011
    How are those screen protectors holding up? May I ask what makes you go for the 'hard' type over the thinner, flexible ones?

Thanks in advance,
    Ed
    Expert Shield

4. Streetshooter

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    The hard one provide an extra break layer.
    The soft like the Zagg, work fine but don't protect against cracks or breaks.

5. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    I've been battling with the 'plastic films' for some time now - not only do they offer minimal protection but they suffer my inability to cut four straight and perpendicular lines. :blush:

Just ordered the same ACMAXX screen a few days ago Don. Looking forward to it's arrival as I hear great things....and the screen is starting to show signs of wear from rubbing against my jacket zipper.

A shame you can't seem to easily just replace the rear screen, cheaply, like on the dSLR. Though I assume spares will come shortly.

6. vincechu

vincechu SC Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    +1 for hard screen protectors - I use GGS as they're more discreet and don't have the silver border, but ACMAXX has a good reputation too. I used to use plastic film and could never stick it straight, got dust under it, or it'd peel off. The GGS is brilliant, very clear and scratch resistant.

7. Streetshooter

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    I actually changed to the GGS also. I prefer it to any other out there.

8. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Have GGS got one custom-made for the X100?

9. ExpertShield

ExpertShield New to SC

Aug 22, 2011
    Sounds like you were using the wrong films. The advantage with film style screen protectors is they're completely invisible once applied.

Ed

10. johnwillyums

johnwillyums SC Rookie

May 25, 2012
    Colne, East Lancashire, England, UK.
    John Williams (check out my pics on G+)
    The GGS 3" fits the screen perfectly, with the silver frame sitting on the screen edges. As it is rigid glass I found it much easier to put on than sticky plastic ones. No bubbles to worry about. Seems tough and attractive as well:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. winginkris

winginkris SC Veteran

Dec 15, 2011
    I used the plastic but after just two or three days it warped a bit and came in contact with the screen causing a smeared or bubbled look to part of the screen. Went to the glass GGS and it works great. I cracked one while falling on the rocks, but it saved the lcd from any damage, and they're inexpensive to replace(I buy two at a time). The 3" also fits the XPro1. I think the silver lining gives it kind of a "classy" look!

12. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    I also have the GGS screen on my X100 and it is superb, I have used their screen protectors on other cameras and they are great value for money as well as being sturdy and superb value for money.

13. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    The one I have on mine isn't glass, its a very hard plastic, but it works very well.

14. Paul Johnson

Paul Johnson New to SC

Jun 4, 2012
    Thanks.. was looking for a solution!