Fuji x100 wiki

bogdanf

Hi everyone,

being frustrated by the brevity of X100s official handbook and by the fact that a lot of good information is scattered all over the Web (in reviews, comments, forums etc) I thought about filling the gap with a dedicated x100 wiki-style manual.

The idea is that an enthusiastic community is forming around "our" x100 and collectively building a good/advanced user manual could be feasible.

So, I went on and created a wiki at x100.wikidot.com. Of course most of the pages are empty now, but the information structure is already in place and I started filling the page dedicated to the viewfinder(s): x100.wikidot.com/finder.

I plan to (slowly) fill all the pages, but I would like that to become a community effort rather that a personal project :)

What do you think ?

Thanks,
Bogdan

bogdanf, welcome to Serious Compacts! Your wiki project sounds like a good idea and it's also something we're trying to do right here in the Fuji X100 forums. Why not add your input here, as well, bogdanf? We've got several dedicated threads and certainly want more.(y)

Please stop by the Welcomes and Introductions forum when you're online again!

P.S. Your wiki site set up looks very good!

bogdanf, welcome to Serious Compacts! Your wiki project sounds like a good idea and it's also something we're trying to do right here in the Fuji X100 forums. Why not add your input here, as well, bogdanf? We've got several dedicated threads and certainly want more.(y)

Please stop by the Welcomes and Introductions forum when you're online again!

P.S. Your wiki site set up looks very good!

Thanks for the good words !

Cross posting the content sounds like a very good idea (I think the forum and the wiki are quite complementary). As soon as a wiki page has some useful content I'll post it here, inviting users to contribute, if that's something you agree with.

Maybe having a sticky posting on the forum about the wiki would help driving this effort.

I definitely look forward to put together a few good resources for the x100 users (including myself :)

Another welcome bogdanf - what a good idea. There are some very knowledgeable members here and I hope they contribute.

Thanks ! I count on the community to add quality content to the wiki. It's definitely not an one man show :)

I've added a link to the forum to the links page on the wiki.

Back