1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

X100s cases and bags

Discussion in 'Fuji X Forum' started by macjim, Aug 18, 2013.

1. macjim

macjim SC Regular

Jun 20, 2011
    I've been looking for a case or bag to use to carry my X100s (when It gets replaced or repaired by Fuji) and I'm finding it difficult to get one that's just right. I like the official case, leather and traditional, but I would prefer something that doesn't say 'camera' when I carry just the camera when I don't want to carry my full camera bag and kit (I have the X-Pro1 and prime lenses). I've seen one so far but I think it's a little large ( Case Logic's SLMC-200 ) but I'd like to hear your suggestions for a good case/bag please.

2. nippa

nippa SC Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2010
    Cheshire UK
    Dennis
    I keep my camera in the Fuji Leather case for protection even if I'm using a larger bag to carry other odds and ends.
    Any old bag will do then.

3. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    1. Just the X100s in a bum-bag (very rare).

2. Add accessories - spare batteries, cards, CPL) & daily essentials - phone, keys, wallet, etc - then the Domke F5xb (more often).

3. Add another compact camera or two to the mix, usually film - and the daily essentials - then the Bare Bones Bag (most often).

4. Add more again - including laptop/notebook - then the TTRS7 (ThinkTank Retrospective 7 (only once so far).

4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I use a Kaza leather half case (and the top if I'm traveling). Sometimes I'll use a cheap messenger style bag if I need to carry another camera or other stuff.

5. macjim

macjim SC Regular

Jun 20, 2011
    Has anyone bought the ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover 5 case? Any good?

6. Nordiquefan

Nordiquefan New to SC

Aug 17, 2013
    I have the MM10 and it has served me very well so far.

7. BigTam

BigTam SC Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    I put my X100 in a National Geographic A1212. Fits perfectly and has a slim front pocket that holds a spare battery, card and cleaning cloth. Nothing more. I either use the shoulder strap or - more often - detach it and loop it on my belt.

If I'm carrying more, then the Hadley Digital, with room for my wallet, sunglasses, phone, keys as well.

8. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I use a Lowepro Passport sling. It works well as a shoulderbag, is somewhat water resistant, has an insert box which can be removed but is better with... its currently carrying my Nikon 1 stuff very comfortably, as well as wallet, sunnies, keys etc, and for the X100 + XZ-1 days, theres a compartment for each, as well as a filter or two. I normally have the X100 wrapped in a neoprene case in my regular bag, but in the sling, I can have filter adapter, filter and hood all attached and ready to go.

9. romi.gilles

romi.gilles SC Veteran

Jun 8, 2013
    idk anymore. all over the country.
    romi gilles
  10. stillshunter

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    That looks a perfect fit inside Romi....and ample pockets for the necessary x100s extras. Just a shame about the form factor - it looks like a camera - or actually more a 'video' - bag. I prefer a little stealth with my gear...happy enough for them to look like hand or make-up bags instead. :blush:

11. jakri

jakri SC Regular

Sep 12, 2011
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Jim Krivitz
  12. romi.gilles

romi.gilles SC Veteran

Jun 8, 2013
    romi gilles
    Mark, you mean you're looking for a large clutch (haha)? but yeah, i know what you mean -- i generally hate lowepro's typical look. i just remembered when i used to live in NYC, i'd always see Manhattan Portage bags around. i'm thinking about picking this one up.. waxed canvas jogger. i have a thick dust rag i can wrap my x100s in when i pack it in there.

this looks nice, too, but i have the RRS grip on mine. so, i doubt it'll fit in this one.. camera case.

13. romi.gilles

romi.gilles SC Veteran

Jun 8, 2013
    romi gilles
    i actually have that one in the balistic black nylon. i even bought it from B&H when i used to live in NYC (haha). i think it's still too big. i'm almost sure i can fit my x100s and my yongnuo speedlite in there. i'll take some pics, tomorrow.

14. stillshunter

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Romi, mate, you shouldn't show these to a bag-aholic. These are so sweeeeet. Reminds me of my Bare Bones Bag.

15. macjim

macjim SC Regular

Jun 20, 2011
    ThinkTank are pushing me to the Mirrorless Mover 10 as they are saying the 5 is too small.

Sent from my iPhone using SeriousCompacts mobile app

16. stillshunter

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Really? It can house an OMD or NEX with decent prime, but not an x100s? Hmmm...

17. romi.gilles

romi.gilles SC Veteran

Jun 8, 2013
    romi gilles
    check out the point and shoot case (not pouch) from incase. see what you think.

(Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk)

18. romi.gilles

romi.gilles SC Veteran

Jun 8, 2013
    romi gilles
    uh oh, i think i found two good ones which showcases the x100...

manfrotto-nano-vi-pouch-fuji-x100-15-1504.
    ^
    manfrotto nano. you can wear it by the actual camera's strap.

5897540001_d2ea57dfcb.
    ^
    i'm leaning more towards this one, myself.

19. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    that second one looks pretty nice. I gotta admit I just don't see the point though of carrying a camera bag that ONLY holds a camera. But that's why there's 31 flavors.

20. BigTam

BigTam SC Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Yes, that second one is the NatGeo A1212, which I use a lot with my X100. Spare battery and card in the front slot. Either the shoulder strap, or - my usual way - the belt loop.

The belt loop is velcro and you don't need to open the belt to put it on or off, very practical.

• Like Like x 1