Fuji X100s cases and bags

i was out and about and just didn't have enough pockets or i hate stuffing them. that's one reason this is useful for me. i usually carry three spares (third party) and a lens pen.

when i'm not using my camera, there are many times i don't want it exposed especially when it's raining.

traveling around the country like 98% of the time for work, i get to learn what works and what doesn't for all my different scenarios.

oh, also when you're out with a non-camera bag and you're stuffing your camera into it, this would help protect it from all the other junk that would have otherwise.. well, you know.

(Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk)

I use a Lowepro Passport sling. It works well as a shoulderbag, is somewhat water resistant, has an insert box which can be removed but is better with... its currently carrying my Nikon 1 stuff very comfortably, as well as wallet, sunnies, keys etc, and for the X100 + XZ-1 days, theres a compartment for each, as well as a filter or two. I normally have the X100 wrapped in a neoprene case in my regular bag, but in the sling, I can have filter adapter, filter and hood all attached and ready to go.

I recently bought a Lowepro Passport Sling and I love it, love it, love it. Previously I've bought bags that just manage to fit the camera and, if lucky, a lens or two but nothing else. Keys and phone having to be stuffed in my pockets. No use. But not with the Lowepro. I was so impressed with this bag I've bought another in a different colour! Did I say I love it? Well darn, I'll just say it again, I love it!

Have you checked out the Domke F-5XA?

Domke 5xa| B&H Photo Video
here's that f-5xa...

View attachment 74548
domke f-5xa by яσмι. ғ σ т σ, on Flickr
x100s with grip and L-plate.

View attachment 74549
horizontally

View attachment 74550
vertically. i can't find the divider that goes with it. or i must have used it in my f-5xc. but you can definitely even fit a x-e1 + xf27 or xf18 (maybe even one of the longer primes) plus one of the tele zooms next to it.

here's my waist pouch (fanny pack). i used it a lot when i used to live in nyc. i know how people can feel about a fanny pack. but, if you're wearing a waist bag, it's pretty much the same thing.

View attachment 74551
quicksilver fanny pack by яσмι. ғ σ т σ, on Flickr
got it from quicksilver in soho.

View attachment 74552
main compartment.

View attachment 74553
even fits in the smaller compartment in front of it.

I recently bought a Lowepro Passport Sling and I love it, love it, love it. Previously I've bought bags that just manage to fit the camera and, if lucky, a lens or two but nothing else. Keys and phone having to be stuffed in my pockets. No use. But not with the Lowepro. I was so impressed with this bag I've bought another in a different colour! Did I say I love it? Well darn, I'll just say it again, I love it!
i used to have that bag before i returned it and picked up my domkes. when several people were asking me why i was carrying a purse around, i started to see it and just had to get rid of it. maybe i wasn't wearing it the right way?

i used to have that bag before i returned it and picked up my domkes. when several people were asking me why i was carrying a purse around, i started to see it and just had to get rid of it. maybe i wasn't wearing it the right way?

A purse? What how and why a purse??? I don't see that at all. I wear mine across chest (my shoulders are dippy so things fall off, I need my neck to keep it in place)... a purse? nah, not in a million years. are we talking about the same thing?

[video=youtube;d90NWhuLffc]

I like leather cases, but I don't like the two-piece "Everready" type leather cases -- but holster types where you remove the camera to use it seem to suit me.

rsz.php?username=HAOJIES&image=x10-6.jpg

These on eBay at the link below and are about $15 from China and I use the darker of the two shown at this link. It's basically "one piece" and you sling it over your shoulder or across your chest. Reach down, pull off one magnetic closure and pull the camera out and use it. It does come with a long strap.

It will fit with the original lens cap on, and it will fit with the filter adapter, filter, and low profile cap as well but just barely. I use mine with a very low profile push-on Fujica (just to keep it in the family) cap from a late 1960's early 1970's Fujica that used 49mm filters also. It does not fit over the hood.

I realize that's not everybody's cup of tea, but it's how I like to carry it. I had a similar case for my LX7.

Here's the eBay link: Leather Case BAG Cover FOR Fuji Fujifilm Finepix LC X100 Camera With Strap | eBay

Quick hack photography but here you go! One in the case I mentioned also. I don't use a strap on the camera, just on the case. I use a wrist lanyard only on the camera.

20130821-_1000393.jpg
20130821-_1000394.jpg
20130821-_1000395.jpg

Just to be clear: I'm adapting my Fujinon EBC protection filter using an old 49mm filter with the glass removed and screwed into where the trim ring was so the filter mounts male thread outwards. That cap I showed will not work with the factory filter adapter unless you also use a fllter. It won't fit on either the stock X100/X100S trim ring, or on the filter/hood adapter. I leave the hood on the 19mm (28mm) wide WCL-X100 lens all the time pretty much and use the X100 just as you see it in those photos.

A purse? What how and why a purse??? I don't see that at all. I wear mine across chest (my shoulders are dippy so things fall off, I need my neck to keep it in place)... a purse? nah, not in a million years. are we talking about the same thing?
well, to be more technical, what everyone meant was a women's bag. but you know.. the murse/satchel:

5x13_mans_bag.jpg

but yeah, it was a black one from b&h. the girl said it looked good on me, so i went with it.

^
you know it! haha

here're a couple from a very modular system -- civilian lab. i like the two on the left.

4146zz.jpg

first: cluster zip - single pouch module.
second: cluster flap - single pouch module.

you can find it here: civilian lab
go to: products > chest packs

OK lads & lasses, maybe you lot can help me, because I've run out of search terms to try. I'm looking for a case / pouch for my X100, that meets most or all of the following criteria:

-large enough for X100 + filter adapter (but with as little extra room to spare as possible - I want the whole package to be small);
-Vertical orientation (so the opening is on the short side);
-Zippered opening - preferably not a clamshell type, that runs along both long sides, but the type that runs a circle around the short side, so that only the short side peels open;
-very strong preference for green, sand, khaki or similar colours - not black, not white, not orange or red or blue or some other "strong" colour that's easily identifiable as camera bag;
-vertical belt loop at the rear (so with the case in vertical position, the belt goes through horizontally), preferably a belt loop that can be opened
-soft enough on the inside that I won't have to worry about scratching lens or filter if I don't use the lens cap;
-preferably some kind of waterproof or water-resistant material; and
-something affordable would be nice :)

I think the Lowepro Dashpoint 20 is just large enough for the X100, but not quite large enough to safely use it with filter adapter and filter. Also it doesn't come in my preferred colours; it's pretty obviously a camera bag.

The closest I've come so far is the Maxpedition 4.5x6" padded pouch, but that has a clamshell opening and it's a little larger than necessary; also I'd have to order it online from the States (don't think it's sold in Europe), so no chance to try it out before ordering.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me!

Back