X100S Field Test Video from TCSTV

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by TCSJordan, Mar 14, 2013.

1. TCSJordan

TCSJordan SC Regular

Oct 22, 2011
    Hey guys,

Here's a field test for the X100S and X20

You can also check out our blog post (from a juvenile Chris Niccolls) here:

Let me know what you think, I have the cameras for another 24 hours if you have any questions.

Jordan @ The Camera Store TV
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn SC Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris Leskovsek
    Nice review guys! I enjoy your videos.

Now, you got me thinking as im getting a X10 for my fiancee. no im wondering if i go straight up to the x20.
  3. TCSJordan

TCSJordan SC Regular

Oct 22, 2011
    The X20 is an enormous improvement. Even without the great new X-Trans sensor, the OVF is the coolest thing on a compact right now.
  4. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Love the reviews. So between the two X cameras, which one has seen the greatest improvement?

*Split image btw is very cool, very rangefinder.
  5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Thanks guys, great video as usual.

Not as much discussion of the auto focus on the X20 as the X100s - does it seem as fast and accurate? How does it do at the longer end of the zoom, say for portraits in moderate to low light? That's the place really good auto focus tends to matter most to me and can be the most frustrating. Not as much of an issue with the fixed semi-wide lens on the X100s, but since the X20 zooms in to portrait shooting length, I'm more interested in how it does shooting at those focal lengths.

Thanks much,

6. Edgar

Edgar SC Rookie

Mar 6, 2013
    Edgar Matias
    Really enjoy your videos. Not sure how familiar you are with the LX7, but I'll ask anyway...

Interested in how they do on macro performance, esp. compared to the LX7.

Also, as a video camera (frame rate options aside), how good are they in terms of image quality vs. the LX7?

7. TCSJordan

TCSJordan SC Regular

Oct 22, 2011
    I'd say the X100S had the largest improvement, as the AF performance was the major problem with the X100. The X10 already had pretty good AF, though it's even better now. Both have had huge improvements in image quality.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. TCSJordan

TCSJordan SC Regular

Oct 22, 2011
    Macro is a touch better on the LX7, but the X20 resolves more detail, so you could crop in and make up the difference.

When it comes to video, the LX7 outperforms the X20 in every regard, resolution, controls, audio quality and low light performance.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. coyote

coyote SC Rookie

Mar 7, 2013
    eastern oregon
    for real? do i understand this correctly? no standard hi-def 1080p 30fps video in the X20? what were they thinking??????

i use my Sony RX100 (as a back-up video camera to my D800) and was planning to replace it with the X20, but if i can't shoot good video with it, it's pointless to me.

ps- what a wonderful review!
  10. Chris2500dk

Chris2500dk SC Top Veteran

Dec 22, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    That X100s is so very tempting.. :)
  11. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Looking good, both of them. Thanks for another great review, TCSTV!
  12. Edgar

Edgar SC Rookie

Mar 6, 2013
    Edgar Matias

Thanks Jordan. That's exactly what I was hoping for.