Fuji X100S hands on with samples

I love my X100 and the images it produces and when I can afford it I may well be tempted to get the X100s instead.

The article above has some stunning images and the Xtrans sensor is a proven performer so if the "glitches" that are more of an annoyance with the X100 have been negated in the X100s it could well prove itself to be a winner.

I do see (and love) the increased appearance of tactile cameras with "real" aperture rings and shutter speed dials but that is just me!

Here are a couple of my X100 images:-

untitled-0052SFX.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

untitled-0053SFX.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Are there any movie samples from the x100s? I'm interested in the increased video quality. On my x100 the video is not very good, tons of rolling shutter wobbly effects during pan shots.

That X20 looks really good. I love the viewfinder on the X10 but this one apparently has an info overlay. I ended up giving my X10 to my niece who is interested in photography. She loves it. I may have to try and figure out how to afford the X20. After reading up on it a bit, it checks all the boxes with the improved OVF and X Trans sensor. Sigh......

I don't think the video on the X100S is any better. It's just not that type of camera.

any time I think about "upgrading" to the "S", I just look around at all the amazing photos on this forum made with the "dated" :rolleyes: X100 (Iansky's shots above illustrate the point perfectly).

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the original X100. I'm not selling mine. In fact I'm so happy with the 28 equivalent adapter that I'll use that on the "old" X100 and the "new" one will be for 35. The X100 is just a classic, but the new one does look like it has some significant improvements if you can justify the cost.....which of course I have done regardless of how irrational those justifications are......

Back