Fuji XF1 Arrived Today And...

Metering is within the menu system though I suspect you access it quicker by re-programming a button via the E-fn.
As far as Exp Comp, let me RTFM - again & I'll get back with you...:)

Edit: After a cup of coffee, I now realize what you're asking.
Metering is only Multi, Spot, & Average. It does have TTL also.

After RTFM, exposure comp is accessed via the button & sub-command wheel. +/- 2 EVs.

This is simple. The XF1 is now at a very low price point. I doubt it can go much lower from here, but it could easily go up again. Why? Because it will be the last X series camera with EXR. EXR is dying a slow death, and this means that fans of EXR will slowly run out of options. So these options will increase in price - we have seen similar developments with other Fuji cameras after they were discontinued w/o a proper replacement model. So all of you who think about getting an X10, X-S1 or XF1, better think quick. Now may be the perfect time to get one of those cameras.

:th_salute: The fever is rising!

However, I think I'll continue to use cold compresses for now. As much as I have gear lust for this beauty, I keep telling myself how much I like the controls on my X10. I'm like a dog who loves her beloved well chewed frisbee the best.

Where would be the advantage in getting the XF1 if you have the X10? - no viewfinder but more pocketable - currently the X10 is about £60 more & looks better made.

It would be interesting to see examples in the EXR D range priority - all the way up the scale of the same photo

I have 400 - 3200 in D range mode on the F660

Regardless of quality SOOC I always get better jpeg after a tweak (optimisation in the finepix editor)

Where would be the advantage in getting the XF1 if you have the X10? - no viewfinder but more pocketable - currently the X10 is about £60 more & looks better made.

The only main advantage that I think I see for me would be the pocketable bit and since winter's coming soon, I'll have my down parka with deep pockets on most of the time. ;) The XF1 is slightly wider which for me is a nice plus...

This is simple. The XF1 is now at a very low price point. I doubt it can go much lower from here, but it could easily go up again. Why? Because it will be the last X series camera with EXR. EXR is dying a slow death, and this means that fans of EXR will slowly run out of options. So these options will increase in price - we have seen similar developments with other Fuji cameras after they were discontinued w/o a proper replacement model. So all of you who think about getting an X10, X-S1 or XF1, better think quick. Now may be the perfect time to get one of those cameras.

I think you're absolutely correct. The price for the X10 fell as low as $309 on Amazon.com U.S. a couple of weeks ago. Of course, being the cheapo that I am, I was waiting for it to hit $299. But it bounced back up to $369. I think anyone interested in the XF1 at $299 should jump on it now.

Unless you need pocketable, then the X10 is a better option. Me? I'm trying to decide whether to jump on the XF1 or X10 or save for a bit and get an RX100 or RX100 II in a few months.

I'd guess that the "cuteness" of the XF1 would relax some people who are otherwise apprehensive about having the picture taken. Add brown or red to the mix, & it also makes for a great conversation piece too thus further relaxing folks :)

Back