1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

XF1 Questions

Discussion in 'Fuji Forum' started by TCSJordan, Sep 17, 2012.

1. TCSJordan

TCSJordan SC Regular

Oct 22, 2011
    Hey guys,

I'm filming a field test of the new Fuji XF1 tomorrow, and I was looking for suggestions on any specifics you may be curious about. Anything you'd like us to look at specifically?

Jordan

The Camera Store - TV - YouTube

• Like Like x 2
  2. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    One obvious question is how quick it is to start up - say you see something interesting, you pull it out of your shirt / jeans pocket, and then... the magical startup sequence! Is it comparable to other cameras or is it noticeably slower?

Also, does it have an automatic panorama mode?

3. Chris2500dk

Chris2500dk SC Top Veteran

Dec 22, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Also how fast it is from standby mode to taking a shot. Say you have it hanging from your neck with the lens already set in standby mode and see something you need to snap.

Oh, and look into the missing AEL/AFL.

4. TCSJordan

TCSJordan SC Regular

Oct 22, 2011
    Once you have the lens extracted, startup is less than a second, and that's on the prototype. Auto-pano is included.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Kustom48

Kustom48 SC Regular

Aug 12, 2012
    Wimbotsham, Norfolk, UK.
    ian drury
    Hi,
    How well it actually handles when taking a photograph, and how easy or difficult it is to alter key settings to get the photo that you, the user want to capture.

Do you have to delve through far too many menu options to get to the vital settings you want to alter or can these be accessed directly and speedily.

What about battery life and charging, speed of writing to the memory card, also can you add ND, Polarising , effects filters to the lens, if so how ?

Does it have the ability for wired shutter release or IR etc.

Will it actually fit into your pocket, can you easily see the screen in bright conditions.

These are important considerations for me as a potential buyer and user to help me select the 'right' camera or 'best'compromise for me and of course cost !

Thanks, looking forward to seeing your review soon !

Good luck.

6. TCSJordan

TCSJordan SC Regular

Oct 22, 2011
  7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    *video removed by user*

please let us know when the video is good to go.

8. TCSJordan

TCSJordan SC Regular

Oct 22, 2011
  9. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Excellent video. Love the whole 20's smoking jacket thing he he. The camera certainly looks at home in that setting. The real good thing about that camera is that not only does it look good but it performs really well also. I really really don't need one but I really really want one!!:biggrin:

10. Chris2500dk

Chris2500dk SC Top Veteran

Dec 22, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Nice video indeed. Looks like Fuji really worked on getting the control part right.
    AF speed looks good, and the manual zoom is unique in this category.

Could be a real winner, but it will all depend on how far behind the RX100 it ends up being in image quality.

I've sold off some DSLR lenses I wasn't really using anyway, I can feel GAS sneaking up on me..

11. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Great video - I've thought right along this little camera looked like a really classy flask, so your smoking jacket and elegance theme really works well for it. I'd still probably go for the X10 for a number of reasons, but the one thing that really appeals about this is the wider lens. I'm OK with 28, but I'm a lot more ok with 24-25.

As far as image quality relative to the RX100, it won't match it, but its the closest you'll get in the compact market. The X10 actually comes reasonably close if you're willing to live with 6mp files using the EXR tricks. The RX100 is better but this isn't that far behind and is well ahead of the 1/1.7" sensors in most of the other premium compacts...

-Ray

12. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    The IQ should be similar to the x10 and the RX100 is just as pocket-able. The difference between this and the RX100 could be mostly a matter of price. IF the XF1 is the reported $500, then we'll see if $150 difference is enough.

13. stanleyk

stanleyk SC Top Veteran

May 23, 2011
    Taylor, Texas
    Why did I watch that? I knew better..............

14. Mongol

Mongol New to SC

Oct 22, 2011
    Yeah...ordered the tan.

Excellent review it was!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Welcome to the forum!